Age of Conan MMORPG Now Free-To-Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I tried playing it again but the terrible control scheme for melee is still there. I like that they dont have an auto attack, but this combo system is downright retarded and frustrated.

For instance instead of hitting 4 to use an ability, you have to hit 4, then hit left, right, left. Except you cant just fire it off, you have to hit 4, then wait until it the combo ui lights up the next move, then left, then wait, then right, then wait, then left.

So combat becomes nothing more then looking at the combo ui waiting for it to allow you hit the next key without breaking the chain. Which is a huge step down from every other MMO I've played.

If they removed the combo system to where you just hit the button to perform an ability, but kept out auto attack, I'd really enjoy it. But they wont fix the most broken part of their game.

Tyler-767

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
I kind of miss this game but I won't bother going back, even for free. I remember there was one small island location where you could only travel to if you were under level 20. There wasn't anything stopping you from gaining levels once there. I grinded my ranger to level 28 getting only 2-5 xp points each mob kill. Took forever but I was basically invincible and enjoyed sniping and killing the level 8's and 10's that were walking around. Yes I'm evil and prob ruined alot of peoples hopes and dreams, it was just to much fun. After a couple weeks, enough people complained about me and funcom voted me off the island.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]cronik93[/nom]Shallow gameplay and repetitive grinding. That pretty much sums up most MMORPG's(WoW, Rift, etc.)[/citation]
And people still play. Sad world it is.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
There is quite a few limitations they don't tell you about such as gem slots on weapons, you basically can't pvp at all you get less than half your bank slot and inventory they say half i have no idea where they learned to count.
It's reportedly naughtier too? not from what i have seen maybe 1 npc somewhere looks same to me.

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
World of Warcraft changed the MMO world. Its hard to migrate to another MMO. I tried AoC, i tried Rift... The new MMOs ,imo, have to steal everything from WoW and make it better by adding their ideas to the game or they wont have a chance.

cronik93

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]crisan_tiberiu[/nom]World of Warcraft changed the MMO world. Its hard to migrate to another MMO. I tried AoC, i tried Rift... The new MMOs ,imo, have to steal everything from WoW and make it better by adding their ideas to the game or they wont have a chance.[/citation]

Yeah, just about 95% of Medieval fantasy MMORPG's are cheap copies of WoW. With that WoW can pretty much represent all of them. So therefore WoW sucks :) . And I thought FPS games were repetitive but WoW takes the cake. Pounding the top numbers of my keyboard for weeks is so much fun and just doing the same damn thing I did in the last 30 quests is awesome!!!*Sarcasm*

But hey at least Guild Wars 2 looks "somewhat" different and promising. Doesn't look like a "complete" bore fest.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
MMO's are turning from pay to play to pay to win. If it keeps a balance of limited content ie. pay to make it easier but you still have to grind for the best stuff then it'll work. Other than that I complete forgot Conan existed. Eve, guildwars and WoW seem the big ones that everyone I know plays. Even FF14 until recently. Donno if anyone went back to it tho.

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]cronik93[/nom]Yeah, just about 95% of Medieval fantasy MMORPG's are cheap copies of WoW. With that WoW can pretty much represent all of them. So therefore WoW sucks . And I thought FPS games were repetitive but WoW takes the cake. Pounding the top numbers of my keyboard for weeks is so much fun and just doing the same damn thing I did in the last 30 quests is awesome!!!*Sarcasm*But hey at least Guild Wars 2 looks "somewhat" different and promising. Doesn't look like a "complete" bore fest.[/citation]
WoW became boring because u played it alot. ie my case 6 years....
But trust me... no MMO comes close to WoW (only if u take the graphics part )

cronik93

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]crisan_tiberiu[/nom]WoW became boring because u played it alot. ie my case 6 years....But trust me... no MMO comes close to WoW (only if u take the graphics part )[/citation]

Nope, only played it for a couple days.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
MMORPG is a genre. Don't like it? Don't play it. Don't give me the "it's so repetitive" crap. Every game is repetitive once you've been through it. Sports games become repetitive after the second game. MMO's at least have tons of unique content that should take you dozens of hours to get through.

jahmekan

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I play WOW and it is a grind fest, but big thing that keeps me coming back is the guild that I lead. We have a bunch of good people, who are casual raiders. I could have jumped ship and continue to progressed with another guild, but I like the interaction with my new friends and knowing that I am helping them succeed at certain content. MMORPG is not for everyone. If you do not like it, then simple do not play it.

cronik93

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
lol MMORPG fanboys don't like there mindless genre being put down?^^^ LOL go ahead and rate my comments down. As long as you can read it I'm happy.

I can't believe a PC exclusive is just as bad as Call of Duty.

prodigygamer

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
[citation][nom]crisan_tiberiu[/nom]World of Warcraft changed the MMO world. Its hard to migrate to another MMO. I tried AoC, i tried Rift... The new MMOs ,imo, have to steal everything from WoW and make it better by adding their ideas to the game or they wont have a chance.[/citation]

Your kidding me right?

Do you mean it changed it for you because WoW was your first MMO... or you think it changed it for the entire MMO genre?

UO/EQ were leading the way long before WoW came along and stole "thier"idea's...WoW is a clone, so your statement is incorrect unless you inlcude WoW in the games that copied UO/EQ.

I applaud Blizzard's business model and stratagy but I prefer something a little more mature than WoW. Graphics are important to me for immersion as is community and being spammed with /duel every 60 seconds and called a list of insulting names if I decline by people who have not yet reached double figures in age, do not help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.