[SOLVED] AIO for CPU and GPU fans?

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
I have an 011 dynamic evolution case from Lian Li, an EK 360 AIO for the CPU (just a ryzen 5 3600x nothing too hot) and an order for an alphacool eiswolf GPU AIO for my evga rtx 3080 ftw3. I currently have the aio on the "side" as intake (pull) as well as the bottom 3 fans as intake. The top 3 fans and the rear fan are set up as exhaust. When the AIO for the GPU gets here ill have to rearrange the fans anyway for the tubing to "fit" but am curious if anyone thinks/knows if I should keep the order (meaning intake on the "side" and bottom, and exhaust on top and back) or change it up? I was thinking if I had the AIO for the CPU still on the side, flip the fans to exhaust? The AIO for the GPU on top set as exhaust? Flip the rear fan to intake so there would theoretically be 4 intake and 6 exhaust fans? Any ideas?

Solution
Yes to gpu AIO top exhaust - just let that one exhaust right out the top instead of inside like open air gpus already do.
Also, test rear intake Vs no fan. I don't have the same chassis and probably not the same fans on hand as you, but I saw no practical difference between the two scenarios, so ultimately went no rear fan.
A Silverstone 140mm filter was installed there; dust was observed collecting on it, so that meant the top fans are pulling air through it - though I do run the Fractal fans at a flat 1500rpm...

Cpu AIO, I would suggest setting it to intake. The power that cpu is capable of using pales in comparison to that gpu, and the dump heat in PC argument from it would be very weak.

The bottom intake on the O11 doesn't...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes to gpu AIO top exhaust - just let that one exhaust right out the top instead of inside like open air gpus already do.
Also, test rear intake Vs no fan. I don't have the same chassis and probably not the same fans on hand as you, but I saw no practical difference between the two scenarios, so ultimately went no rear fan.
A Silverstone 140mm filter was installed there; dust was observed collecting on it, so that meant the top fans are pulling air through it - though I do run the Fractal fans at a flat 1500rpm...

Cpu AIO, I would suggest setting it to intake. The power that cpu is capable of using pales in comparison to that gpu, and the dump heat in PC argument from it would be very weak.

The bottom intake on the O11 doesn't contribute very much, compared to the other 3 areas, unless the bottom fans are ran at higher rpm to overcome the air restrictions, but that introduces more noise. I think it would do more to bring dust in than actual cooling.
Reminds me of my old Phantom 820 when it came time to clean it.

Reactions: sobakowa19
Solution

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019

The bottom intake on the O11 doesn't contribute very much, compared to the other 3 areas, unless the bottom fans are ran at higher rpm to overcome the air restrictions, but that introduces more noise. I think it would do more to bring dust in than actual cooling.
Reminds me of my old Phantom 820 when it came time to clean it.
thanks for your input