Aug 1, 2024
Hello, i've built my pc, specifications below.

The problem is that once i've built it the AIO was too loud, especially the pump - it whined like crazy. I mounted it in front of the case with the pump cables going on top of the radiator because they where too short to mount them at the bottom. Yes - i've made sure that the top of the radiator was higher than the CPU. Then I found out that what I did bad was plugging the radiator fans into pump_fan and the pump into cpu_fan.

So i switched it, and the pump whine lowered down, but as soon as I did that, it looked like AIO lost its cooling power - doing Cinebench 24 at multi-core instantly raised the temperature to throttle (89C) with AIO RPM at 100% (the pump is set to stable 100%). It was better before, because it didn't reach throttle mostly. The last thing i did was remounting the AIO to the top of the case so it would blow hot air out - didn't help.

Btw. it's all happening at negative 35 PBO.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

My friend has a lot more quiet and efficient air cooling on the same processor (Fortis 5).

PC:
Ryzen 7 7800x3d
Deepcool LT720
MSI PRO X670-P WIFI
Lexar Ares RGB, DDR5, 32 GB, 6400MHz, CL32
Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom
Samsung .m2 1TB
be quiet! Straight Power 12 1000W
be quiet! Shadow Base 800 DX

Applied paste: Savio Glacier 13.5 W/mK 2g TG-03

Aug 1, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Does the noise sound like this?

Ideally you should have the IAO mounted to the top of your case since the pump is located on the CPU's cooling block. Your case will allow the AIO being mounted at the top of the case.
Hello, no the sound is not as bad as the one in the link. It might be normal pump noise but like exagerrated(?) I've already monuted AIO on the top but it didn't help. When i play games, for example Squad, my temps are at 70-75 but the AIO is really loud. And that's on 35 PBO...