[SOLVED] Airflow in my pc

Solution
I see your point. Flip fans first to see where the temps are - it's a fairly easy change to make and OP should def try that. But, I would still think that intake fans on front without a rad will provide more airflow than if a rad is there, with the added benefit that the air coming in is a bit cooler. I'm theorizing that with the 3 exhaust fans and only the 240 rad as intake, the resistance through the rad is a limiting factor.
Oh I didn't realize that there were 5 fans. The fifth was kinda hidden behind the AIO tubes. I'd actually suggest top and front intake in that case. That way more of the front intake gets pushed to the GPU and there is still air moving in the VRM and RAM region. Only 1 exhaust fan, but the rest can...
Feb 22, 2020
You're having rear intake and front exhaust. None of the rear intake is directed below the GPU fans, so the GPU draws air through the holes in the PCI brackets, which increases temps. Flip it around. Make the front fans intake and rear fans exhaust.
You Think it would be enough to just flip the bottom fan on the aio?

Feb 22, 2020
Don't do that. Having an intake fan next to an exhaust fan basically makes hot exhaust air get taken in again as intake. Just flip the front fans and the rear fans. Which case do you have also?
[/QUOy you
Definitely not a good case for airflow, highly suggest getting a mesh fronted or side intake case if you can. But for now just flip the front fans to be intake and rear fans to be exhaust.
yeah I’ve read that, my cpu and mother board is really good temps considering my cpu is 5GHz(like 40 on the motherboard and 50 on the cpu when I’m gaming) I just need to flip the fans only right? You think it would suck enough air thru the cooler and front of the case?

yeah I’ve read that, my cpu and mother board is really good temps considering my cpu is 5GHz(like 40 on the motherboard and 50 on the cpu when I’m gaming) I just need to flip the fans only right? You think it would suck enough air thru the cooler and front of the case?
With just rearranging fans here, it should still bring in enough air. But @mortemas has a good idea.

Yeah, my thought is that OP has a lot of head room with respect to CPU temp thanks to that 240mm rad. Better to put the rad on top and sacrifice some CPU temp to improve GPU temp which is too high. Two front intake fans will blow cool air towards the GPU where it's needed. Additionally, the front panel can be removed to make it a "mesh front" case at the cost of aesthetics (but nothing out of pocket). The filter on top can be removed if it is an exhaust, potentially improving the air flow exhausting out the top a bit (if rad/fans are set up that way).

Reactions: extreme_noob
Feb 22, 2020
Yeah, my thought is that OP has a lot of head room with respect to CPU temp thanks to that 240mm rad. Better to put the rad on top and sacrifice some CPU temp to improve GPU temp which is too high. Two front intake fans will blow cool air towards the GPU where it's needed. Additionally, the front panel can be removed to make it a "mesh front" case at the cost of aesthetics (but nothing out of pocket). The filter on top can be removed if it is an exhaust, potentially improving the air flow exhausting out the top a bit (if rad/fans are set up that way).
Thanks for the help, I will try and just turn the fans first and see what temps will be when I’m gaming tomorrow. Goodnight guys

That's going to blow the hot rad air onto the GPU. I'm guessing GPU temp will be worse. With your CPU temp where it is you have all the leeway to make your rad a top mounted exhaust, which allows CPU heat to immediately leave the case instead of blowing it towards your GPU.

That's going to blow the hot rad air onto the GPU. I'm guessing GPU temp will be worse. With your CPU temp where it is you have all the leeway to make your rad a top mounted exhaust, which allows CPU heat to immediately leave the case instead of blowing it towards your GPU.
The air from the rad isn't actually that hot. Ambient temps may go up by 5C or so, but it's more important for there to be airflow than what temperature that air is at, at least on this scale.

I see your point. Flip fans first to see where the temps are - it's a fairly easy change to make and OP should def try that. But, I would still think that intake fans on front without a rad will provide more airflow than if a rad is there, with the added benefit that the air coming in is a bit cooler. I'm theorizing that with the 3 exhaust fans and only the 240 rad as intake, the resistance through the rad is a limiting factor.

Oh I didn't realize that there were 5 fans. The fifth was kinda hidden behind the AIO tubes. I'd actually suggest top and front intake in that case. That way more of the front intake gets pushed to the GPU and there is still air moving in the VRM and RAM region. Only 1 exhaust fan, but the rest can exit pretty easily through the PCI brackets.
Another option is front and rear intake and top exhaust.
Either way, if it fits, a rad in the top is not a bad idea at all.

Reactions: mortemas
Solution
i've always had much better temps system-wide when pushing air out through the top through my radiators than when pulling air in through them from the front.
can we get an image of the front of the case?

as mortemas stated; moving the two top fans to the front as intake, moving the radiator to blow out through the top, and having the rear fan blowing out of the rear will be the best solution for CPU & GPU.

Feb 22, 2020
Oh I didn't realize that there were 5 fans. The fifth was kinda hidden behind the AIO tubes. I'd actually suggest top and front intake in that case. That way more of the front intake gets pushed to the GPU and there is still air moving in the VRM and RAM region. Only 1 exhaust fan, but the rest can exit pretty easily through the PCI brackets.
Another option is front and rear intake and top exhaust.
Either way, if it fits, a rad in the top is not a bad idea at all.
I did this descripted here, no space for the aio on top unfortunately. So I’ve only got 1 exhaust atm. It seems to be running better, gpu is max 70c under 70-80% load playing almost 1 hour. I was think of buying another fan and placing it under the aio maybe? Idk, it works better now, so thanks for help!

...no space for the aio on top unfortunately...
why can't the cooler fit in the top? it has the mounting holes/slots which are far enough to the left side to avoid RAM, board heatsinks, etc.
...I was think of buying another fan and placing it under the aio maybe?..
this would help cool any drives positioned inside the PSU compartment and may help cool the PSU some, but the majority of air wouldn't make it into the rest of the case. it would likely just add some more fan noise without helping much overall.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020
the image you provided doesn't show the RAM blocking anything.
but maybe it is just a poorly designed case, ~90% of nicer models nowadays are designed to leave room for radiators with push/pull setups that require quite a bit of space.
11-139-131-V10.jpg

there's a good 1.5+" on the right-side where RAM should fit beside it if the radiator/fans hang too low.
you actually could even attach the radiator on top of the tray and have the fans pushing up through it from under the tray.

but if your temps and noise are now sufficient; who cares, just leave it however you like it best.