AIW Radeon 7500 poor coax reception

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be with a AIW
7500 that works great except that reception from the tuner is very poor?
Composite input gives good picture but tuner is unwatchable. I have replaced
the cable and verified that the signal works well on a TV.

I suspect a problem with the card but wonder if anyone else has experienced
this and has any suggestions to offer?

Thanks

kev

Brian J Stirling wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be with a AIW
> 7500 that works great except that reception from the tuner is very poor?
> Composite input gives good picture but tuner is unwatchable. I have replaced
> the cable and verified that the signal works well on a TV.
>
> I suspect a problem with the card but wonder if anyone else has experienced
> this and has any suggestions to offer?
>
> Thanks

i've just started toying with my AIW VE, but my AIW 128 on another
machine gets WAY better quality with the same cable.

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I put a little 10db signal booster on my setup. They can be had at
WallyWorld or most any electronics store..

jb...

"Brian J Stirling" <stirlingbj@mts.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be with a AIW
> 7500 that works great except that reception from the tuner is very poor?
> Composite input gives good picture but tuner is unwatchable. I have
replaced
> the cable and verified that the signal works well on a TV.
>
> I suspect a problem with the card but wonder if anyone else has
experienced
> this and has any suggestions to offer?
>
> Thanks

my aiw7500 (have 3) tuner works great. I assume that you re-run the
Initialization wizard and re-scanned channels.
Maybe you can narrow the problem some by using/testing with a coaxial signal
output from a VCR. Any chance interference is in or near the PC.
Might check the output to a tv, or a clean Install.

Good Luck
Danny

--end
Brian J Stirling wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be with a AIW
> 7500 that works great except that reception from the tuner is very poor?
> Composite input gives good picture but tuner is unwatchable. I have replaced
> the cable and verified that the signal works well on a TV.
>
> I suspect a problem with the card but wonder if anyone else has experienced
> this and has any suggestions to offer?
>
> Thanks

sounds like your cable signal is too strong and your card is being
overloaded

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:10:29 GMT, Danny Greaves <dandog@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>my aiw7500 (have 3) tuner works great. I assume that you re-run the
>Initialization wizard and re-scanned channels.
>Maybe you can narrow the problem some by using/testing with a coaxial signal
>output from a VCR. Any chance interference is in or near the PC.
>Might check the output to a tv, or a clean Install.
>
>Good Luck
>Danny
>

>--end
>Brian J Stirling wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be with a AIW
>> 7500 that works great except that reception from the tuner is very poor?
>> Composite input gives good picture but tuner is unwatchable. I have replaced
>> the cable and verified that the signal works well on a TV.
>>
>> I suspect a problem with the card but wonder if anyone else has experienced
>> this and has any suggestions to offer?
>>
>> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS