Question All computer sounds are off-pitch

Nov 18, 2020
Hi, I've been having this problem recently where I've noticed that all sounds (both windows sounds and sounds from applications, browsers, and so on) are slightly off-pitch.

We're not talking big amounts here, I'm guessing around 20 cents too high or low and it's infuriating. What is the cause of this and how do I solve it?

Lutfij

Titan
What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on? Make and model of your motherboard? If a desktop(and not a laptop), might want to see if your motherboard is pending BIOS updates. If you have a number of updates to go through, don't jump to the latest, instead gradually work your way to the latest version. Once the OS and BIOS are verified to be up to date, you should turn your attention to the drivers. Install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator after you've sourced drivers from manufacturer's support site.

Nov 18, 2020
What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on? Make and model of your motherboard? If a desktop(and not a laptop), might want to see if your motherboard is pending BIOS updates. If you have a number of updates to go through, don't jump to the latest, instead gradually work your way to the latest version. Once the OS and BIOS are verified to be up to date, you should turn your attention to the drivers. Install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator after you've sourced drivers from manufacturer's support site.

Thanks for trying to help man, fortunately, it seems to have solved itself when I updated.