Question All fans work and light up, but no monitor signal ?

Dec 23, 2022
When I try to boot, all the fans and light come up and keep on running eternally but no input signal on the monitor. Also doesn't shut down automatically and I have to manually power it off.

I keep it unplugged for 10-11 days. Starts working again without anything. Works for 3-4 days and then again stops working for a while. This has now repeated twice and I am posting from my PC as of now since it again started working out of nowhere after keeping it aside for 10-11 days.

Checked with all the ram stick permutations but no help when it is down. Checked the monitor and DP cable as well.

Since it's working as of now and should work for 2-3 days i guess, i can do whatever test that is required. Ran cinebench and the max temp was 70 deg celsius so it isn't heating. Is this a warning sign of some component failure about to come ???

Also didn't overclock anything. Only overclock enabled is default XMP profile.

Thanks in Advance /\

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max Wifi mobo
Corsair lpx Ram 3200Mhz 8x2
Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 750W PSU
Noctua NH-U12s Cpu cooler

Dec 23, 2022
Hello @sishubh

Generally, this type of issue only occurs due to the RAM but since you have already checked them, try resetting your BIOS. If you don't know how to do that then it's pretty simple.

1. Power Off of your CPU and also unplug the power cable.
  2. Now remove the CMOS battery.
  3. After that, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
  4. Now reinsert the CMOS battery and plugin the power cable.
  5. Turn ON your CPU and then set the current Date and Time in BIOS settings.
  6. After this, it will start working properly otherwise go for some technician.
Also, If your CPU has 2 RAM sticks and then I would suggest you to only insert 1 RAM and check if it is working fine in both the ports ( Change them one-by-one ). After that, do the same with the 2nd RAM stick and check if it is working fine in both the RAM channel or ports.

Note:- Don't forget to clean RAM sticks before reinserting them. I have attached the CMOS battery image, please check it before performing the steps.

cmos-battery-backup.jpg
Hi !!
Thanks for the reply but as I mentioned, I have already tried with single ram, dual ram, different slots and everything but it didn't work. My mobo doesn't have a battery like that and the process to reset cmos is touching 2 pins for 20 seconds with a screwdriver. This also I have tried in the past when it was not working. I can definitely try again though and this time since it's working, i can verify if I was able to reset the cmos properly. Thank you so much again !!