Question All my games crashing after being played for awhile.

Dec 16, 2020
First, I'll start off by saying this is my first pc build, but I have done copious amounts of research and still found no solution.
Specs:
Cpu - Ryzen 7 3700x (Stock Cooler)
Motb - Gigabyte X570 Aurorus Pro Wifi
Ram - Corsair Vengeance Pro (16Gb) seated at 2 and 4
Gpu - Rtx 2070 Super
Hdd - Seagate Barracuda 1tb
Ssd - Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1tb
Psu - Corsair RM 650x
Notes
I don't have an activated windows os right now, for the reason of me trying to figure out why my games are crashing before I get the activation key. Although I've been told that this shouldn't be causing the crashes(not the most credible source).
I haven't experienced many bsods, If I had to estimate, maybe once every two months.
I have had this pc for 5 months now.
No Overclocking.
It's every single game I play, For Example, Terraria(Steam) Rocket League (Epic Games Launcher) World Of Warcraft (Blizzard Launcher) all these I have played and crashed and thats just scratching the surface.
Troubleshooting
Updated Gpu driver
Updated Bios
From the Memtest 86 tests i've done before shown nothing, although I have had problems with memory in the past. That was because of an outdated bios(Updated since then)
I'm not very educated on troubleshooting, not sure where to go from here.

So, the question is why is it crashing and what can I do to fix it?
Thank you in advance.

Sincerely
Zack

Last edited:

Asbaat

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
Hello! I'm not a pro at this but have you installed the latest versions of Direct X and Microsoft Visual C++?

Also, try stress testing your CPU and GPU and monitor the temperatures. Let me know if it worked, I'll also research it on google to troubleshoot your problem :)

Best regards,
Asbaat

Dec 16, 2020
Hello! I'm not a pro at this but have you installed the latest versions of Direct X and Microsoft Visual C++?

Also, try stress testing your CPU and GPU and monitor the temperatures. Let me know if it worked, I'll also research it on google to troubleshoot your problem :)

Best regards,
Asbaat
Thank you, for your response I'll try what you recommended and i'll get back to you.

What XMP profile/ speed do you have your RAM running at?

(If at 3200 MHz, try backing off just a bit to 2933 MHz and retesting for a week or so for stability..; not every 3000-series Ryzen will play 100% stable at 3200 MHz/MT per sec/ well, technically 1600 MHz DDR)

Dec 16, 2020
What XMP profile/ speed do you have your RAM running at?

(If at 3200 MHz, try backing off just a bit to 2933 MHz and retesting for a week or so for stability..; not every 3000-series Ryzen will play 100% stable at 3200 MHz/MT per sec/ well, technically 1600 MHz DDR)
Its running at 2100mhz but idk if I have xmp profile on. I've left my memory clock on factory or stock.

Last edited: