all the lights blinking on 1700n printer

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi,

All the status lights on a Dell 1700n printer are blinking.
I see no information on such an error in the manual or on the Web.

I see no jammed papers, and the toner is only a few weeks old.

What else should I check for?

Thanks.

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

sounds like the systemboard you would need to check with Dell 1st though
also resetting the NVRAM on it might clear it, does it do the same when not
connected to a PC how is when coonnected to another PC is it networked?
"John" <doe@doe.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> All the status lights on a Dell 1700n printer are blinking.
> I see no information on such an error in the manual or on the Web.
>
> I see no jammed papers, and the toner is only a few weeks old.
>
> What else should I check for?
>
> Thanks.

By chance is there perhaps a memory module in the printer and can it be
removed to see if that changes things. If so, then the module is bad. Had
this happen on a HP printer using a module from PNY Memory. Replaced it
with another from Simple Technologies and have'nt had problem since.

"Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> sounds like the systemboard you would need to check with Dell 1st though
> also resetting the NVRAM on it might clear it, does it do the same when
> not connected to a PC how is when coonnected to another PC is it
> networked?
> "John" <doe@doe.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> All the status lights on a Dell 1700n printer are blinking.
>> I see no information on such an error in the manual or on the Web.
>>
>> I see no jammed papers, and the toner is only a few weeks old.
>>
>> What else should I check for?
>>
>> Thanks.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I had already tried pulling out the extra RAM -- to no avail.

Spoke to Dell support after generating the advanced diagnostic codes
(i.e. pressing the Continue button twice in rapid succession).
They're
sending me a (refurbished) replacement.

Thanks to all.

"NiteOwl" <pjahern@att.net> wrote in message
> By chance is there perhaps a memory module in the printer and can it
> be removed to see if that changes things. If so, then the module is
> bad. Had this happen on a HP printer using a module from PNY
> Memory. Replaced it with another from Simple Technologies and
> have'nt had problem since.
>

> "Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> sounds like the systemboard you would need to check with Dell 1st
>> though also resetting the NVRAM on it might clear it, does it do
>> the same when not connected to a PC how is when coonnected to
>> another PC is it networked?
>> "John" <doe@doe.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> All the status lights on a Dell 1700n printer are blinking.
>>> I see no information on such an error in the manual or on the Web.
>>>
>>> I see no jammed papers, and the toner is only a few weeks old.
>>>
>>> What else should I check for?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS