Question All windows float on top of task bar only on main display

ArthurTheGrey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2014
Hi,

I have a problem with my task bar. I have two displays, on my main display all my windows are on top of taskbar, except when I press on the task bar, then it jumps to the top. On the secondary display it does not happen, the task bar is always on top. In task bar settings, there seems to be nothing related to this problem...
I have asked ChatGPT, but all it told me is to turn on always on top setting which I don't have in the taskbar settings. Or that my OS is too old for such settings. I went through setting I could find but couldn't find anything. ( in picture is how it looks, left side is secondary screen).

Does anybody has any idea what could cause this, because it is driving me crazy as I can't select other thing when I move a window a bit lower? 🙃

My OS:
Windows 10 Pro
Version: 22H2
OS build: 19045.2846

Colif

Win 11 Master
tried updating GPU drivers?

so the taskbar is elevated and there is a black bar under it on one monitor? That is what I see

Do you use Intel graphics?
Late to the party here but in case you or anyone else is still having this issue this solution worked for me:

Right click desktop, go to Intel HD Graphics settings. Select Display and then choose the option Scale Full Screen. Make sure the option Override Application Settings has the checkbox marked.

other fixes - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-taskbar/73f46950-0300-462c-a925-bc709f44748a

ArthurTheGrey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2014
tried updating GPU drivers?

so the taskbar is elevated and there is a black bar under it on one monitor? That is what I see

Do you use Intel graphics?

other fixes - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-taskbar/73f46950-0300-462c-a925-bc709f44748a
Hi, the black bar is not the issue, screens have different resolutions and that is how the snipping tool captured it. It's just frustrating that I drag a window downwards it is above task bar and only on the main screen.
The GPU drivers are up to date and the windows updates as well, and I have a ryzen 7 1700x and a gtx 1070ti.

It is like the OS thinks of the task bar as a window, when I select something else it goes in the background and the selected window is on top.

Thanks for the reply and help :)

D

Deleted member 14196

If you have system restore points available, maybe you could try that. roll back to an earlier system restore point if this just happened recently

D

Deleted member 14196

This is from Microsoft

They recommended updating the display drivers. You might want to use the DDU utility to remove them all first and then install good ones.