Question Almost same components but different performance?

Apr 25, 2019
So me and my friend got almost identical pcs but i noticed that his PC perfoms noticeably better than mine incase of running games ect.. and i don't understand why?
My specs :
Biostar motherboard
Core 2 duo e8400 3.0 MHz
8GB RAM
Amd ATI HD 5870 1GB
Windows 10 64bits
---------------------------------------------------------
My friend's specs :
Biostar motherboard
Core 2 duo e8200 2.66 MHz
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GT 220
Windows 10 64bits

Apr 25, 2019
In terms of running games, your HD 5870 should significantly outperform your friend's GT 220. Do you have your monitor plugged directly into a port on your graphics card, or into a port on the motherboard?
Um yeah i thought that too but i can't understand the problem really, however im using a dvi-i -> VGA adapter and a VGA -> VGA câble plugged into my monitor since i didn't find a direct devi-i -> VGA câble..

Apr 25, 2019
What do you mean by better at running games? What do you see on his but not on yours that makes you think that?
Are you both using the same monitors/cables (in the interests of equity).
Well while using the same settings on csgo for example his pc's performance is noticeably better (smooth) while mine struggles especially when encounters many players in the same area, same as pubg tencent emulator, still higher performance and much smoother gameplay.
And yes we're using the same câbles except for the graphics card and the power supply, his doesnt require a 2x 6-pin so he is using an ordinary power supply 450w and a vga -> vga câble plugged to his monitor. On the other hand i'm using an fsp hyper 750w since my graphics card require 2x 6-pin.. And a dvi -> VGA adapter + VGA -> VGA plugged to the monitor.

Apr 25, 2019
You compared the settings in the game and they are the same? Resolution, quality settings all the same? Internet connection same quality?
Damn i'm so stupid, i thought that he had a core 2 duo e8200 but apparently it's core 2 quad q8200..
But does only that impacts the difference of the performances that much tho..?