[SOLVED] am getting low fps with rtx 3070 ti

Sep 5, 2021
I play valorant at 1080p with high graphics and am not getting stable 240 fps, I never get 300 fps. I saw some videos on youtube showing valorant with over 300 fps with lower specs than mine
I get from 180 fps to 240 fps and it is stable.

here are my PC specs:

GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 3070 TI MASTER
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3800X
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32GB 3200MHZ
MOTHERBOARD: NZXT B7 N550
PSU: NZXT C750
MONITOR: ALIENWARE AW25... 1080P 240HZ

Solution
usually anyone posting videos just to brag about frame rates is going to have turned down all of the impactful settings and probably lowered resolution as much as possible.
so take what you see there with a grain of salt.

everyday i see more people complaining about their "lower than expected" frame rate in Valorant.
i would imagine it is just a poorly optimized game rather than this huge quantity of people randomly having system issues only while playing this one game.
usually anyone posting videos just to brag about frame rates is going to have turned down all of the impactful settings and probably lowered resolution as much as possible.
so take what you see there with a grain of salt.

everyday i see more people complaining about their "lower than expected" frame rate in Valorant.
i would imagine it is just a poorly optimized game rather than this huge quantity of people randomly having system issues only while playing this one game.

Reactions: Raid Akrich
Solution

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
It's cpu related....even 1080p high settings, you need 5800x or intel equivelant (10th Gen plus) to push out those frames....3800x I think when I researched for someone else, was mainly around 200-250 fps depending on gpu, overclock on 3800 and memory speeds and IF speeds synced up. 5800x was 300-350 fps plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatblabs