Question Am i getting bottlenecked?

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
I have a Phenom ll X4 830 cpu paired with a rx 560, ive noticed that I haven't been getting very good frames in games. Is this bottlenecking or some other cause?
I'm not expecting amazing frames, because the graphics card isn't capable, but from videos I watched, I should be getting higher frames then I am

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Easy way to find out. Run MSI Afterburner and set the OSD to monitor GPU usage and CPU usage. Play one of the games that gives you problems and see if the CPU is at or near 100% usage.

But yeah, I would think the CPU is the weakest link. There will be some CPU bottleneck at times. Btw, I'm assuming you meant Phenom II X4 830.

"I have a X4 phenom 830 cpu... "

This alone rates a very quick 'yes' to the quintessential 'is my CPU holding my GPU back' debate...

Most assorted X4 and FX processors are typically slower than many dual core Pentiums running 500-800 MHz less clock speed....and of course are slower than the lowest Ryzen 3-1200...

No one said they are not serviceable however....

Just do't be expecting 100 fps in modern titles at 1080P....with any GPU.

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
"I have a X4 phenom 830 cpu... "

This alone rates a very quick 'yes' to the quintessential 'is my CPU holding my GPU back' debate...

Most assorted X4 and FX processors are typically slower than many dual core Pentiums running 500-800 MHz less clock speed....and of course are slower than the lowest Ryzen 3-1200...

No one said they are not serviceable however....

Just do't be expecting 100 fps in modern titles at 1080P....with any GPU.
hehe, kinda suspected that. also i meant Phenom ll X4 830.