Juhku

Reputable
Nov 13, 2019
I am currently planning to go AM5 and 7600x, budget pushes me to B650 and i kinda wanted ask your experiences on the matter if you have meddled with said boards. Mainly im concerned about stability and other issues, according to google id say aorus elite ax probably geta highest praises, but for me msi tomahawk is worthy contender as it is quite much cheaper where i live.

So any experiences are much appreciated, mobo, ram any issues you've had with the B650

Reactions: artk2219
3 or 4 days ago I upgraded my friends PC from a 9400F to a 7600x/GIGABYTE DS3H motherboard and 1 stick of 16gb 6400MHz, we will upgrade to dual channel 32gb soon.
The config works like a dream, the 7600X eats CPU demanding games like breakfast, really powerful CPU with a very high clock speed, above 5GHz if I remember.
The motherboard has decent cooling around the VRM's and for a MicroATX motherboard really has great features, comes Ryzen 7000 CPU ready, atleast in our case, but either way most of the newer motherboards have a BIOS flashback option so you can update BIOS without the CPU if needed. I highly doubt a Ryzen 9 wouldn't work well on it, if kept stock with a good CPU cooler that is.
For a 7600X the GIGABYTE motherboard works perfectly fine, no stability issues whatsoever. If you have the money I would go for that Tomahawk or Aorus board, simply because of more features and a bit better VRM cooling, but if not, something like our DS3H would be perfect.

Reactions: artk2219
I am currently planning to go AM5 and 7600x, budget pushes me to B650 and i kinda wanted ask your experiences on the matter if you have meddled with said boards. Mainly im concerned about stability and other issues, according to google id say aorus elite ax probably geta highest praises, but for me msi tomahawk is worthy contender as it is quite much cheaper where i live.

So any experiences are much appreciated, mobo, ram any issues you've had with the B650
I have two builds using a Gigabyte B650 DS3H, one with a Ryzen 9 7900 and the other with a 7900X3D. I don't really have anything negative to say, they just work. Obviously you lose some things by going to B650, mainly you get fewer SATA ports, USB ports and you get fewer PCIE lanes vs X670, but thats not something you'll likely notice as even top end GPU'S wont saturate the bandwidth thats available. Below is a link for AM5, you can scroll down to the chipsets section for a comparison between them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dj0gany

TRENDING THREADS