AMD 3000- 2666 real chip Speed- Bye Intel-

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It's complete crapola the pic is a fake! The bridges are identical to a older tbird, how you going to achieve a 20x multiplier?

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ok- first on a new chip on a new board may be able to do 20x multiplier quite well. As far as the schindler thing- please get over your self- and the Jesus comment is a direct sarcastic dig at the mormon faith. Obviously you didn't get that one either. We all know what color he was. Green- he was an alien

My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.

MadCat

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
"... Ok- first on a new chip on a new board may be able to do 20x multiplier quite well. ..."

It was <A HREF="http://www.deadbodies.org/forum/showthread.php?s=db34ce27bf7bc71296b81c84f7518765&threadid=304&perpage=20&pagenumber=1" target="_new">faked</A>. Bury this dead horse!

"... As far as the schindler thing- please get over your self- and the Jesus comment is a direct sarcastic dig at the mormon faith. Obviously you didn't get that one either. ..."

I also thought you came across as offensive. Guess I don't get it either.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
pretty sad story really.

a. old lookin core with tbird bridges
b. comment about multiplier
c. math (by all reports the numbering scheme for t-bred wont differ from whats currently used... thus a XP3000+ should be only 2333Mhz.

holes big enough to drive my kingswood thru!

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :)

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No worries here- I'm not denying it's status of fake. All I said was that 20x is not a difficult concept to grasp.
Let's get this Jesus thing out of the way as well- it's not supposed to be offensive, unless you're mormon, but then who cares? I mean have you ever seen the mormom Jesus? He looks like he's been burried for a month and then washed up and bleached. He's whiter than me and I can barely tan. This I find far more offensive than my comment. Denying christs heritage so they can continue to feel ok about themselves being racist. How many black mormons do you know? I'm an anthropologist and so my life is often consumed in studying religions, and I have to say that out of every religion, big or small, from snake handelers to Aton, the only one I have found worth really dissing is mormonism. It's such a joke with such useless roots. But who knows, according to South Park- they end up being the only ones who get it right.

My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
nope they are not, i'm looking at one right now and they are a bit different. thats all i'm saying. not anything more, its a bit different.

<font color=purple><b>Let us respect each other, so we can all be friends.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
Protoype chips are not stamped with anything special. I have seen a few prototypes. The core was blank. Absolutely nothing was stamped on it. The packaging (casing and die) for prototypes is identical to the production chips. There is no reason to package a prototype differently from the production model. Otherwise your tests and benchmarks would not be reliable.
Engineering samples and prototypes are different. There are not that many prototypes made,they make a lot of engineering samples. I have seen boxes (200+ chips) of engineering samples. But have only seen 2 or 3 prototypes in any given location. Also engineering samples are stamped like any other chip.
For an interesting discussion on hammer, read this article:

http://www.hardwaremania.com/reviews_eng/hammer/hammer1.shtml

year 2010: Intel? Whose that?

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
from snake handelers to Aton, the only one I have found worth really dissing is mormonism. It's such a joke with such useless roots. But who knows, according to South Park- they end up being the only ones who get it right

LOL. Good thing I'm an atheist, or I might have been insulted.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

mr_gobbledegook

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
I even emailed Mike Magee (editor of the Inquirer) the link and this is what he replied back:

<font color=blue>
To: "Mr G" <mr_gobeldegook@yahoo.com>

Subject: RE: Pictures of Athlon XP 3000+

Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 19:21:25 -0000

Yes - I saw it - it's almost certainly a dud...

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2002 7:04 PM
To: mike.magee@theinquirer.net
Subject: Pictures of Athlon XP 3000+

This artical looks a bit suspect to me, but its worth
a mention anyway. It includes a photo of the prototype
and a screen shot.

http://www.m3dzone.com/article.php?sid=2089&mode=thread&order=0
</font color=blue>

Now if the Inquirer refuses to publish this story then what does that say about the artical ?!!

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Only 4 L1 bridges and no L10 bridges. Looks like it might be a Duron.

The default multiplier appears to be 9X. L3 bridges going top down are closed, open, closed, open. L4's are open, closed, open, closed. (These combinations don't occur on the XPs).

Default voltage looks like 1.6 volts. L7 brigdes going left to right are closed, open, closed, open, closed.

Can't make out the L6 bridges but I'm pretty sure it's a Duron 900. The die is not tall enough to be an Tbird.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>