AMD 8350 CPU Socket Overheating and messing up my PC!

goldenskl

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
AMD 8350
Sapphire Radeon R9 270X
ASUS M5A99FX PRO
Corsair CW-9060007-WW Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60

Havent overclocked anything. Using HWMonitor I get
Package Temp as low as 28C and 50C socket Temp while doing nothing
While gaming the package temp goes to around 59-62C but the Socket Temp reaches 75-80C
GPU floats around 59-62C while gaming too.
After a while of gaming Im getting crashes. I have two 120mm intakes inthe front of the case, 1 120mm output on the top of the case and the corsair fan output on the back of the case. I couldn't fit another fan but i can switch the top 120mm for a 200mm since two 120mm wont fit. Maybe I need a stronger liquid cooler or i havent changed the paste in two years. This crashing started happening recently since I have always gamed in a cold room but my AC died last week and I havent been able to buy a new one. So my pc overheats unless my AC is cooling the entire room.

Any help so my pc doesn't need an AC?

Solution
It seems it is a heating problem. Examine you airflow in the case. Where is your liguid cooler radiator? Front? Top? Back? Do you have balance to a positive pressure in the case? You are going to have to do more investigation. You are the only one that has direct access to the case.

goldenskl

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015

Interesting. Im doing that seems to be working so far. Seeing temps at 68-70C

EDIT: removed the side panel now it wont even reach 60C cpu is running at 43. But i dont think running a deskfan blowing the inside without a side panel is the way to go...

kanewolf

Titan
It seems it is a heating problem. Examine you airflow in the case. Where is your liguid cooler radiator? Front? Top? Back? Do you have balance to a positive pressure in the case? You are going to have to do more investigation. You are the only one that has direct access to the case.

Solution