[SOLVED] AMD A10-8750 Compatible GPUs

Feb 3, 2020
I have a relatively old rig with an AMD A10-8750 APU, my graphics are rather bottlenecked with the built-in R7 1GB VRAM.. I want to get a little more life out of this rig and add an 2GB or 3GB VRAM GPU to the empty 16x port... Question being is: is it possible, and if so, what cheap cards could I add to it?

Not really looking for balls-to-the-wall performance, but I would like to run the few games I play slightly better and have some more enjoyment with this rig before it becomes absolutely obsolete, as it certainly is reaching that point lol

If any other info is needed, I'll reply back ASAP

Thanks in advance

Solution
The best you can do with your current PSU is to add a mediocre card like the GT 1030, due the low power output.

Your Delta PSU is a standard ATX model... upgrading it should be no problem. Any ATX PSU will fit.

We'll also need a photo with the case internals... that way we can figure out what it'll fit(I'm referring to the GPU). Many times on Dell or HP prebuilts only single slot or low profile cards will fit.

A pretty good upgrade path will be to a GTX 1050/1050ti... for that a 450W quality unit will suffice. There's a posibility that a GPU with no auxiliary power(there are such variants for the 1050/1050ti) to work on your 180W PSU, but having a such a low power output and no efficiency rating it'll be quite dangerous to run at...
The best you can do with your current PSU is to add a mediocre card like the GT 1030, due the low power output.

Your Delta PSU is a standard ATX model... upgrading it should be no problem. Any ATX PSU will fit.

We'll also need a photo with the case internals... that way we can figure out what it'll fit(I'm referring to the GPU). Many times on Dell or HP prebuilts only single slot or low profile cards will fit.

A pretty good upgrade path will be to a GTX 1050/1050ti... for that a 450W quality unit will suffice. There's a posibility that a GPU with no auxiliary power(there are such variants for the 1050/1050ti) to work on your 180W PSU, but having a such a low power output and no efficiency rating it'll be quite dangerous to run at it's limits.
A PSU upgrade will be mandatory if you want an upgrade to a half-decent GPU.

Solution
Feb 3, 2020
What supercheap PSU&GPU combo can I throw into this thing? I would prefer not to go over $100-120.. again, I'm just looking to squeeze what little life is left out of this super low-end desktop before I'm forced to upgrade everything

What supercheap PSU&GPU combo can I throw into this thing? I would prefer not to go over $100-120.. again, I'm just looking to squeeze what little life is left out of this super low-end desktop before I'm forced to upgrade everything

Well... in that case, I'd just get a GT 1030 and leave everything as it is. Not worth investing in that obsolete platform anymore... save up for a platform upgrade in the future.