Status
Not open for further replies.

HKH

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Tom's is always abit behind in their news~
But none the less, most of the articles are pretty decent

G

Really, I mean, zoom in on that pic, and tell me it does not look like a 4890 that has been heavily used, I mean really, look at the dust buildup, from a new test card really!!!

Why post this as an article, I mean, its just rubbish, with no substance and pure speculation and no fact and crap pictures!!!

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Does anyone really care about the GTX460?
It just seems odd to me that there is this urgency in AMD to take down that segment of the market.

madass

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]Does anyone really care about the GTX460?It just seems odd to me that there is this urgency in AMD to take down that segment of the market.[/citation]
It's the only GPU NV makes that actually sells decently.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]Does anyone really care about the GTX460?It just seems odd to me that there is this urgency in AMD to take down that segment of the market.[/citation]
is that a serious question? they're selling like hotcakes, and i've never had a hotcake before, nor do i know what it is

but that's how the saying goes =[

@moricon, there are many things on that board which indicate they are not any of the current or older ones...
Noticed the o/p connectors on that board? It looks like it has 2 mini-displayports, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI.
Also it has only 1 Crossfire connector, so its likely a HD 67xx series...

coleipoo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I think by the time this comes out it will be a little too late...
nVidia has the heads up now with the 460.

AMD should instead work on a very cost effective option to the 480.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
wow they are bringing back the old "Pro" and "XT" tags back?? EPIC :p

reminds me of the glorious days of 9800 PRO and 9800 XT days

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]coleipoo[/nom]I think by the time this comes out it will be a little too late...nVidia has the heads up now with the 460.AMD should instead work on a very cost effective option to the 480.[/citation]

So AMD should just give up the most lucrative market segment to nvidia and concentrate on very low sales ultra high end? Sounds like a plan. A really bad one.

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]wow they are bringing back the old "Pro" and "XT" tags back?? EPIC reminds me of the glorious days of 9800 PRO and 9800 XT days[/citation]

They are just code names mister.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]coleipoo[/nom]I think by the time this comes out it will be a little too late...nVidia has the heads up now with the 460.AMD should instead work on a very cost effective option to the 480.[/citation]

Too little too late? AMD launched their 5xxx cards long before the NV 4xx cards came to market, and this card is only going to be part of the arsenal.

There will be a competator to the GTX480. The HD6870. It will be out shortly after the HD6770. They are going with a mid end release first then high end.

[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]wow they are bringing back the old "Pro" and "XT" tags back?? EPIC reminds me of the glorious days of 9800 PRO and 9800 XT days[/citation]

They have always kept the "Pro"/"XT" naming with the code names. They just dropped it in favor of a number based system. The HD5850 is a Pro GPU and the HD5870 is a XT GPU.

But yes, I fondly remember my 9800XT. Gave me HL2 free. AHhh the memories.

I forgot as well. The current HD5770 has 800 SP units, this one has 960 SP units which means a 20% increase along with a 256bit memory bus compared to 128bit. Should give a nice performance boost.

I wonder if they will give the HD6870 a 20% SP unit increase along with a higher memory bus.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Fake or not who cares old news.

With this stupid new naming scheme from AMD I am sure to "not give a damn" about new AMD video cards. Already looking into the joke that is Nvidia for next upgrade.

So this is what a 6570 ?? this bart or homer or family guy whatever name it might have ?

Or is it another server video card for $400 ??

Why can they not use "South Park" names then I might try to learn this new naming. I can not believe AMD made this stupid naming change.

Status
Not open for further replies.