AMD Bulldozer, Llano Launch Dates Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
This is good news. Will be excellent to see how these new Bulldozers work out as I may well be in the market for a new PC around then. Here's hoping AMD do well with them.

I expected that for Llano, but I think that's a bit too late for Bulldozer. AMD needs Bulldozer out by April before Intel fully recovers from the whole chipset debacle. If not, it's going to be a long two months for them

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
apparently the desktop APUs with bulldozer cores will have crossfire-like integration with discrete AMD GPUs, boosting graphical performance on the system.

MMMMMMMmmmmmmm...

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Finally we get markings for a cpu that matches the core count for each series. Intel should take note of this.

FX(8)000 = 8 cores

FX(6)000 = 6 cores

FX(4)000 = 4 cores

welshmousepk

Distinguished
I hate people make assumptions on a brand new and un-tested architecture.

Unless you can see the future, you should keep your misinformed opinions to yourselves.

Bulldozer could be a failure, or the greatest thing in computing since the dedicated GPU. only time will tell.

[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom]This is good news. Will be excellent to see how these new Bulldozers work out as I may well be in the market for a new PC around then. Here's hoping AMD do well with them.[/citation]

I hope its at least enough to compete with Nehalem as a minimum. But the way AMD is marketing these things, in reality the 8 core is a 4 module BD system and each module is comprised of 2 cores that share resources. So it may take a 8 "core" to beat quad core i7s..

sleeace

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
I have no faith that Bulldozer will compete with Sandy Bridge, but if they keep it affordable price, I'd with them.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Pure conjecture, but I'm guessing Bulldozer will be > than i7 900 series but < than SB. And since Intel's enthusiast version of SB is coming out late this year, AMD will once again be 2 CPU's behind. Also, since Bulldozer has been so slooooowww coming out Ivy Bridge may actually be released before AMD's next generation of Bulldozer, putting them 3 CPU's behind.
I hope for competition's sake I'm wrong about this, but AMD better hope that Bulldozer is AT LEAST equal to SB or it'll be a LONG Q4 this year!

qhoa1385

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
though I don't like all of these Leaking scheme(seems useless and just a waste of time, it's not like we can do anything to make it happens faster or something, I want surprises) but this is definitely what i have been waiting for lol

G

I, unlike most of you retarded fools, will be happy with any performance increase over the current Phenom line. You see, AMD is about VALUE, not performance. Look at it like that and you'll see win.

Status
Not open for further replies.