AMD CPU speculation... and expert conjecture

Page 656 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8350rocks

Distinguished

You are missing:

Star Citizen (semi launched)
Civ BE (launched)
Star Swarm
Dragon Age Inquisition (Christmas, supposedly)
(As of yet unnamed next) Mass Effect
GTA V
CoD: AW (is coming in a patch update soon, since Mantle is geared specifically at PCs.)
Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars
Rise of the Tomb Raider (unlaunched)
Stars Wars BF2
Battlefield Hardline (launched, and yes)
Offworld Trading Co.
Dying Light
Mirror's Edge (next unnamed)
Homefront: Revolution
Elite: Dangerous (launched, and yes)
Alien Isolation (launched, and yes Mantle is in)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (next year)

etayorius

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Well there is less than 2 months for the year to end, and AMD promised MORE THAN 15 games, so far the only one coming in the next 2 months is Dragon Age Inquisition.

I know the list you mentioned, but all those games are not going to be released in the next 2 months.

There is a Steam thread on Lichdom community where people asks about Mantle support for Lichdom, the Dev repeatedly answers that Lichdom will not have MANTLE:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/261760/discussions/0/45350791077030986/ç

http://steamcommunity.com/app/261760/discussions/0/540736320110066805/?l=spanish

http://steamcommunity.com/app/261760/discussions/0/540737262299866500/?l=spanish

So i am starting to doubt VideoCardz.com and their list, and i am starting to doubt AMD claims of more than 17 Titles coming this year that will support Mantle, actually Richard Huddy gave the exact number of 17 and possibly more before the year ends.

5 titles by the year end is not 17... as AMD promised.

Don`t get me wrong, i love MANTLE and what it does... but AMD keept spewing and promising to release more than 15 titles THIS YEAR... as i can see they are not even making half of that number.

NFS Rivals, Sims4 and COD AW should had MANTLE by now... What the hell just happen to those titles mantle support?

Are you surprised EA is not keeping promised dates? Really?

I'm sure the Dev are working hard for the titles just to be out soon, but including MANTLE as well has to be harder for them if the development is not from scratch. What I'm trying to get at, the tools and frameworks they're probably using do not support MANTLE at all, so they have to make do with what AMD provides.

I'd love to see an interview in that regard.

Cheers!

Where did AMD say that 17 titles will be RELEASED with mantle by the end of the year? Anything from videocardz is fake by default anyways, why would you believe that stuff? Mantle has had better support than DX11 when it was released, doubt DX12 will be that much better.

8350rocks

Distinguished

Frostbite 3 engine has Mantle support baked in by DICE since BF4. That is why ALL new EA games using frostbite 3 will come with de facto mantle support. Because it is already baked into the engine....

As for delays...well...that is really not a surprise from EA...

8350rocks

Distinguished

News on this front incoming soon(tm)...

(Seriously though...per conversation with Richard Huddy...)

etayorius

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

Actually, EA has actually keep their promise of supporting MANTLE... BF4 and PVSZ GW does use MANTLE and Dragon Age Inquisition should also arrive with MANTLE support.

There was a video interview with Huddy, i can`t remember which one it was but he actually claimed the number 17 Games to be released before the year ends and more than 70 Devs already signed to work with mantle in the future.

GOM3RPLY3R

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

Were Sony and Microsoft blinded by the fact of, "If we make these games look beautiful then more people will buy the new gen"? I will take P.T Silent Hill for example. In every play through, I fail to see how the game looks bad, it is just a beautiful game and engine. Then again I read an article on Tom's about how Nicolas Guérin is saying that Assassins Creed: Unity will lock at 30 FPS mainly because of the struggle to code the game to meet the 60 FPS standard. He otherwise notes the 30 FPS Cinematic feel gives it a more genuine beauty factor similar to a 24 FPS movie.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ubisoft-assassin-s-creed-unity-fps,27855.html

Edit: I still think that this is truly amazing:
22483c2a5c.png

etayorius

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Ubisoft is *****

Are not these the same ***** that used a Reloaded Crack as an official Patch?

Are not these the same ***** that said that PC platform were all LOWLY PIRATES and that their games would stop being released on PC?

Are they not the same ***** that piss all over on PC in some WatchDogs hidden files?

I used to hate EA but now a days they are not that bad, they have practically done a 180 turn in their policies, but Ubisoft has slowly turn into the smelliest crap in the Game Industry.

I have zero interest or respect for Ubisoft and their games, forcing their UPlay on Steam games was just the drop that spilled the glass.

Now they come to us PC Gamers and tell us how awesome 30 FPS are... because it gives it a Cinematic Feel of 24 fps? when we been gaming with 60 and more FPS, i call it BS... i call it Ubisoft.

They sure want to make 30 FPS the standard, lazy *****

I haven't bought a Ubisoft game in like... Ages... I can't remember the last one. I was about to buy HAWX, but then I saw it was from them. I even removed it from my "wanted" list in Steam. I agree Ubicrap has turned into one slimy company to even surpass EA in a lot of things, but EA is still good 'ol EA. Origin's piggyback EULA is indication of that. After I read they could search your computer, it was an insta "nope". I haven't got new EA games because of that. I don't mind it one bit.

Cheers!

etayorius

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

I completely feel repulsed every time i read the word "Ubisoft", lucky for me i have never ever been interested in one single game from them... i was kinda interested in "The Crew" but discarded as soon as i read Ubi in the title.

You just have to check Ubisoft latest Games Systems Requirements... they are out of their minds, it speaks A LOT of how LAZY they are on PC Gaming optimization... it`s like, we don`t need to optimize for PC "we will just ask Much powerful PCs to play as Minimum Instead" GOSH...

I used to really really hate EA, but got a few EA games on Steam such as Burnout Paradise, Dragon Age Origins and Kingdoms of Amalur, i am tempted to grab DA Inquisition, also EA supporting MANTLE made me stop hating them just a bit less... they also announced not long ago to stop supporting obtrusive DRMs and that PC was still their #1 Platform and that they would concentrate on optimizing their games on PC (i guess this is where MANTLE comes into play), they also been giving away Cool games on Origin for free, they may still be ***** but they´re not as smelly as they used to be, they seem to be trying hard to regain Gamers trust, i am still a bit dubious of them but they do seem to be worried about their past reputation and schemes.

Regarding Ubi they seems to be going the opposite way... just gaining more and more bad reputation, they seriously don`t care about PC at all, they just do horrible ports for PC because there is a still a huge market and they really want our Cash, since no one wants their Uplay crap they are now forcing it bundled into Origin and Steam games... very sad, they also pissed all over AMD so there is another reason not to support their crap.

Reepca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
As one of the idiots who skipped straight through the EULA when installing Origin, their being able to search my computer is news. Disturbing news. But surely you can understand why I didn't read those massive legal walls of text...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/24/eas-origin-eula-proves-even-more-sinister/

I don't know if EA has changed the EULA and their crappy policies, but I'll still hate them for a very long time, haha.

Cheers!

8350rocks

Distinguished

WOW!!!!!! That is cheap as $#&*. Seriously...I paid nearly that much for a HD 7870XT ($259) when I bought it...(quite some time ago...but considering price/performance, absolutely amazing...)

You can basically CF 2x R9-290X for ~$100 more than a GTX 980...LOL!!!

Have fun with that one NVidia... (11+ TFLOPS of compute for $600.00 mind boggling)

jdwii

Splendid
^^^ that's a horrible comparison since you can also get 2 970's for around the same cost well actually it looks like the 290X is really 330$ and some cards are still much higher making it worthless still except for people who already own a 290X and want crossfire.
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_970_sli_review,4.html

Actually the power consumption doesn't seem much higher then a single 290X. I hate to say it but Amd really can't do much until they get a new design out the door.

jdwii

Splendid

Just wait when Amd gets their new design i'm sure it will be competitive again i love the 970 and every day i punch my self in the face for not waiting but hey what ever i guess.

8GB of Vram is important for next gen gaming regardless if we like it or not games are putting everything in the Vram when it comes to console ports. Just hoping my 2GB card can play GTA5 fine.

colinp

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure what you're saying. Maxwell is on 28nm and doing just fine. How does the fact that Nvidia invested loads to create Maxwell make them lucky? Tonga isn't some Maxwell - defeating magic bullet either and won't be at any foundry or process node.

AMD have a mountain to climb right now on both CPU and GPU fronts.

colinp

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Why would Nvidia need additional capacity for Maxwell? Where once they were producing a truckload of Kepler GPUs at 28nm, now they have switched production to Maxwell, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.