AMD CPU's ...?

justcallmetom13

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
Hi all.

So I really want to build a build based around the AMD FX-8350 but it just doesn't seem worth it because I already have a build with the i5-3570k.

I also recently heard about something called "CPU core park disabling". I tried this on my laptop and it significantly increased my laptop's performance, and since the 8350 is an octo-core, maybe this will make it as good a CPU as many AMD elitists sought it out to be?

Thanks, I would really like to know the benefits of running an AMD FX CPU, if any.

Solution
If you already have an i5, then I wouldn't suggest going for an 8350 unless the budget is an issue. As for core parking, it doesn't have a HUMUNGOUS effect on PC's that already have powerful CPUs like i5s and FXs. The thing is, the i5 still beats the 8350 in almost every instance, except for heavily-multi threaded tasks. However, if you are in to heavy overclocking, then the 8350 would be your best bet. In short, the 8350 is a cost-efficient processor that will perform well in many tasks, but the i5 is simply a better processor in a real-world scenario.
If you already have an i5, then I wouldn't suggest going for an 8350 unless the budget is an issue. As for core parking, it doesn't have a HUMUNGOUS effect on PC's that already have powerful CPUs like i5s and FXs. The thing is, the i5 still beats the 8350 in almost every instance, except for heavily-multi threaded tasks. However, if you are in to heavy overclocking, then the 8350 would be your best bet. In short, the 8350 is a cost-efficient processor that will perform well in many tasks, but the i5 is simply a better processor in a real-world scenario.

Solution