[SOLVED] AMD driver automatically installing itself

Sep 24, 2020
Hi there,
I own a dell g5 se with Ryzen 5 4600h and RX 5600m. For the last few days i am having an issue where this driver 20.18.06.6002 (dell driver) automatically installs. I don't want to use this particular driver because I have encountered some crashes and BSOD while playing some games.
So whenever I uninstall the 20.18.06 driver, reboot, install 21.5.2, reboot and then use this driver for some time, It works really well but just after restarting once more. The 20.18.06 driver automatically installs itself.
Please help I don't have much knowledge about how AMD driver system works.
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 14196

Drivers all work the same there’s no difference between AMD or anyone else it’s probably your dell software that’s installed on your laptop. Did you format and reinstall windows on your laptop or did you leave all their bloatware

Sep 24, 2020
Drivers all work the same there’s no difference between AMD or anyone else it’s probably your dell software that’s installed on your laptop. Did you format and reinstall windows on your laptop or did you leave all their bloatware
oh I didnt reinstall windows. should I consider reinstalling windows and what can i do about my current data like games,softwares and other important files because i cant store it anywhere else as i dont have another ssd or hdd