AMD gonna DIE!!!!!!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FatBurger

Illustrious
bet it takes u all day to find 3 people who do

Switch those numbers around. I bet it'd take 3 days to find one person. And they're probably around to make fun of the salespepole :)

you forgot to include RMAs. AMD has 100% more than Intel.

Prove it, troll. I seriously doubt that's true.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
prove it?

the P4 doesn't fry like a 1.4tbird, that's 100% right there, unless you idiots keep them as keychains.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

G

Can somebody in this forum please explain to me why someone(that would be you xxsk8er101xx) who is attempting to flame AMD for losing a manufacturer, has an AMD system himself? Does that make sense to anyone in here? Wouldnt you think that if you are predicting/wishing/wanting AMD to go down, you are an Intel fan, and hence would support their product line? Or am I the only one who finds this odd?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Meltdown, I would love to know what goes on in your head. Wait, no I don't.
I'll never understand how abstract concepts suddenly become a universal law in your world.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

LOL! oh you know.. hate to admit it but i have heard a lot less dead intel cpu's then amd ... god 300 degrees celsius with no heatsink! what a product you know lol ...dam.. you can burn your house down with that amount of heat... you can probably heat an entire building! lol! dam so much for intel huh? can't use it as a fireplace! lol... At least with AMD it has multiple uses!

1)CPU
2)Fireplace
3)Keychain
4)Use it to smoke for help incase of danger
5)Burn your enemies house down

LOL!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
"let me explain this so you'll be happy ... if i make cpu's and no one buys them, then i lose money. If i have little money, then i can't make any cpu's. is that clear to you? or do i have to speak baby talk instead of logic?
so what is the probability(staying alive when no one is buying your products)? well lets denote F to equal I make cpu's, Let E = no one buys them, D = i have money. We know that P(E Intersects F) = NOT D, and P(NOT D) = NOT F,"

Now, let me get this straight..Intel lost vendors?

I realize the P4 isn't moving well...Intel can't get rid of their excess inventory of socket 423 P4's and they are having problems in the channel getting product to vendors for the 478 CPU's.

How many P4's were sold the first half of the year? 5-600k? Something like that?

Now, seeing as Intel's P4 is one of their biggest busts ever...even WITH the huge marketing budget, large dealer incentive programs, etc...

Contrast this with AMD..

growing rapisly in the consumer notebook market (They predicted 40-50% of that market by the end of the year...they got it in what...3 months?)
Selling virtually all the Athlon CPU's coming off their lines in Dresden...while Dresden continues to ramp up production.

Oops! Gateway decided to consolidate to Intel CPU's!! That's gonna hurt!!...

maybe a little, but not much. It just means that rather than there being more demand for the chips than supply, supply and demand should just about balance out.

One final note. Intel can have all the vendors in the world, but if the demand isn't there guess what?

Inventory sitting on the shelves going nowhere. Unhappy vendors
Unhappy manufacturers.

Oops! Houston I think we have a problem!!

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
"How many P4's were sold the first half of the year? 5-600k? Something like that?"

That sounds about right for the first month and a half of 2001. Your numbers are way off if that is supposed to be a 6 month figure.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

POPEGOLDX

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
http://www.jc-news.com

<<<the machines were being cleared for the introduction of Windows XP and normally they had a larger selection of AMD based machines (sold out!). Notebooks were 75% AMD."
"guy with an HP logo on his golf shirt, right next to an AMD logo! It turns out, he was the regional sales manager for HP in store training staff for the XP launch. I pointed out his AMD logo and he said they were selling a ton of AMD product in his region. If you buy a Build To Order (BTO) AMD machine, they would double the size of your DDR for free. He said HP fully supports AMD for their retail machines.
We discussed the Gateway fiasco (he thought they were not long for the world) and the Intel/AMD wars. When I asked him about the ratio of BTO and retail, he said 11% of his total sales in BTO "was a very good month." He said first time buyers never buy on line, they always go to a retail outlet to shop. For the consumer market, retail shelves was the way to go."
>>>>>>
<<Just got off the phone with CPQ sales rep. Asked why I cannot find Athlon on Build to Order. She said their sold out of Athlon's but in a few weeks or more they would have the Athlon XP from 1.1Ghz to 1.533Ghz available and the P4 from 1.3Ghz to 2.0Ghz. They are nolonger selling Piii's.". >>

AMD not selling huh? THE WHOLE MARKET IS BAD right now... MICRON just lost a HALF A BILLION dollars.... cisco is looking horrible...it hit a 52 week low...... INTEL stock has been steadily dropping.... AMd is getting his hard in the FLASH market....

take a look around... the whole tech market is [-peep-]... but it will improve... AMD cut back to get them thru it...

please tell me u have the common sense to understand this and stop making un-informed posts

thats what i'm talkin about!

ok... ummm ... if the economy is bad and consumers arn't buying any products, then companies loses money and has to lay off workers.

dude your freakin agreeing with me!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

POPEGOLDX

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
you were saying AMD wasnt selling anything and they had ATHLONS stack to the roof in there warehouses...

that aint the case... Athlons are selling strong as HP said.... its just the market is the crapper.... all companies can do now is stay afloat.... which AMD is doing

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
That is a quote off a message board at <A HREF="http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15809276" target="_new">http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15809276</A>. We all know that posts on message boards are full of truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, do we not?

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

lol well truth is an abstract idea of the persons perspective where fact is concrete and proven... a truth can be a lie ... say you told someone you thought was true .. but the fact is it wasn't true... (thats a lie) but the truth is he thought it was true the way he saw it.

like i said.. it is just the truth in my perception... i said it wasn't fact.

:) - need to be keen on your terminology here. :)

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
OK, i have come to a conclusion.

Amdmeltdown is a dumbass, this has been known for some time, but skater has offocially crossed the line into dumbass troll himself.

Sad little freak, and he wont v\get any help from meltdown of fugger cause he is a traitor, running an athlon LOL.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

why because i painted a picture that represents truth?

it's my opinion and i'd like to know how an opinion makes someone a dumbass ... ???

i guess with your rude comment, i think that makes you an as'swhole/dic'khead.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I am only an [-peep-] to trolls, your comments are pointless and basedly biased, and they also are not very thoughful. I gave you the benefit of the doubt but you continued to come back with more crap. I dont expect you to run away from the forums or anything, just know I personally consider you a troll, nothing more, nothing less.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

lol what a fool... if my opinions are pointless why are you commenting on them? lol! that would make your comments pointless also and a waste of time!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ignore matisaro, he's just an Half-assed AMD employee or should I say, he thinks so? he has to work very hard day and night to post garbarge and to make extra $$ to pay for his Athlon experiments, he's a frustrated and belligerent lil' baby that can't see straight through his electronmicroscope, his stock options are going down the drain. Oh, he has matted hair and zits.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Meltdown, if I promise to be nice to you from now on, will you promise not to spit in my fries next time I decide to hit up mc donalds for a burger? Pretty please?

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Whoa!! Cool, you guys are fighting like little kids. None of you are making very much sense. It's just a bunch of name calling and biased opinions(on both sides). Carry on. I'm having fun reading this.

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile: