[SOLVED] AMD GPU iSSUE (detect a Driver Timeout on your system).

ziad ahmed

Reputable
Jul 22, 2019
Hi, iam having a trouble with my system , sometimes while iam doing anything not only Gaming
the screen goes black and then reload and shows me a message which is " AMD Bug Report Tool" says " we detected a driver Timeout occures on your system"
I have noticed that the bug ocurred most of the time after booting my pc this bug occurs repeatly two or Three Times and then everything Works well
the issue rarely happens while Gaming (Which is Weird).
my system:
cpu : intel Core i5 10400F
Mobo: MSI B460M Mortar
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2x16 3000Mhz Cl15
GPU : MSI RX580 4G Armor
SSD:Samsung 970 Evo plus 250G m.2 nmve
Monitor : philips momentum 242M8
Keep in mind :
* Driver version (adrenalin-2020-21.5.1) "Latest Version"
*i tried to reinstall the driver many times and i still have the problem .
*windows updated
*i tried to reinstall the driver with DDU in safe mode and reinstall the Driver and i still got the problem
Thanks in Advance :love:

Solution
Bitfenix BPA600W 80plus White
i don't think my psu is that bad
The PSU IS that bad, there is no questions about it. It's tier D in the PSU Tier list . You don't have the necessary expensive equipment needed to determine if it's bad or good. So search a review from a reputable source that does use that necessary equipment.

The PSU may or may not be your issue. What I certainly know is that you risk your system (and any other system you used that PSU in the hardware store you work) every time you power it on, till you swap with a proper quality one.
When a bad PSU fails CAN take another piece of hardware with it and/or start a fire (NOT KIDDING). You should NEVER cheap out on a PSU.
Apr 6, 2021
Hi, iam having a trouble with my system , sometimes while iam doing anything not only Gaming
the screen goes black and then reload and shows me a message which is " AMD Bug Report Tool" says " we detected a driver Timeout occures on your system"
I have noticed that the bug ocurred most of the time after booting my pc this bug occurs repeatly two or Three Times and then everything Works well
the issue rarely happens while Gaming (Which is Weird).
my system:
cpu : intel Core i5 10400F
Mobo: MSI B460M Mortar
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2x16 3000Mhz Cl15
GPU : MSI RX580 4G Armor
SSD:Samsung 970 Evo plus 250G m.2 nmve
Monitor : philips momentum 242M8
Keep in mind :
* Driver version (adrenalin-2020-21.5.1) "Latest Version"
*i tried to reinstall the driver many times and i still have the problem .
*windows updated
*i tried to reinstall the driver with DDU in safe mode and reinstall the Driver and i still got the problem
Thanks in Advance :love:
I’m getting the exact same problem, it’s so frustrating!!

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
System services conflict would be the problem, if you have the right PSU installed, and you never red-lined your hardware to the point it got damaged, there would be a conflict in the services on your PC if you use a third party driver updater, I would suggest using windows device manager to update drivers and using the manufactures site to update your GPU driver/clean factory reset. when installing any new hardware clearing the BIO's is something we all need to do. When we have more than one application trying to run the same services for software, it can cause a conflict with the windows O.S. system, think of it this way, when an application services try to access the same files and run the same services as native windows tools it can cause other services and softwares function to fail, if their incompatiable. The only way to tell what degree of your issue is to use a windows Tool called (Event Viewer) check the log files for the date and time and match it up to when the error/timeout occurred.

Then once you see the correct report related to the problem, that is when you should try to start finding the correct fix for your issue, not everyone will have the same reason for the problem.

I would never use a cheap power supply, that is not gold rated when I build a PC, I assume its a pre-built gaming PC I don't want you to take this the wrong way but cheap power supplies can really damage your hardware if they fail or not function to the quality standards for beefy rigs, to run stable. When you see a report in event viewer, related to your problem it will help you and any computer tech solve the issue.

(Side Note) Cheap power supplies can be sold defective, just because they were tested later after manufactured, does not mean the long term quality will exist for stable power consumption output.

(side note#2) not having enough memory space to store on a SSD or hard drive, can cause other related system errors and file corruption, solutions to related problems would be taken simple actions by running windows repair (file checker) through command prompt, cleaning up some storage space prior to running file checker, try going to windows control panel/ programs/ on the list of installed applications try repairing Direct-X-Run-Times/ or reinstall ones that can't be fixed for file corruption, and install more storage drives.

Last edited:
Reactions: mylesjc

ziad ahmed

Reputable
Jul 22, 2019
iam working in a hardware store in my country and i built this psu is rigs that run with (Ryzen 7 3700x and RTX 2060Super) and it's performance is pretty good so that i bought it to myself
*My SSD has a free space of 80GB
*My psu is now running for 5 months (i bought it in the last january)
i have tried a solution yesterday which is changing "Angle Graphics Backend" in Chrome browser settings To "D3D9" and for now the problem doesn't appear
i will keep working on my pc and i will keep in touch with you guys
Thanks for your Interest :love:

Bitfenix BPA600W 80plus White
The PSU IS that bad, there is no questions about it. It's tier D in the PSU Tier list . You don't have the necessary expensive equipment needed to determine if it's bad or good. So search a review from a reputable source that does use that necessary equipment.

The PSU may or may not be your issue. What I certainly know is that you risk your system (and any other system you used that PSU in the hardware store you work) every time you power it on, till you swap with a proper quality one.
When a bad PSU fails CAN take another piece of hardware with it and/or start a fire (NOT KIDDING). You should NEVER cheap out on a PSU.

Solution

ziad ahmed

Reputable
Jul 22, 2019
i don't think the PSU is my issue
after changing chrome settings everything worked well
i appreciate your interest very much sir :love:
but i recommend to reconsidering your opinion about the psu
iam telling you it's (perfect) after about over 100 PCs have built with it and really (Zero Issues) from the PSU

May 16, 2021
Hello,
this issues sounds VERY similar to mine.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
GPU: Radeon RX580
PSU Dark power 550 pro 10

I have done a TON of stuff trying to fix it -> Here is a Thread of mine, the issue has returned now

Today i have found a way to reproduce the issue. Everything looks the very same but for some reason its not random in this case, so idk, i wouldnt think its a new issues, but the same which gotten worse.

Last edited:
i don't think the PSU is my issue
after changing chrome settings everything worked well
i appreciate your interest very much sir :love:
but i recommend to reconsidering your opinion about the psu
iam telling you it's (perfect) after about over 100 PCs have built with it and really (Zero Issues) from the PSU
Best of luck to your rig and the rest you built. I will not reconsider unless you test the PSU with the proper equipment. Till then, have a good day

May 16, 2021
Hi again, i removed the edit in my last port cause it actually was probably a new issue, (used weird repair programm, which caused it i think, then reinstalled driver)

I used the DDU uninstaller on my amd driver in safemode because i had the extra new weird issues.
On their offical website i found this other driver updating software, and since their driver uninstaller is so popular and good i gave it a shot.

Welp there certainly was a lot of outdated drivers that i had no shot at updating myself, (or even knowing about them)
@ziad ahmed i think you should really give this a shot aswell. Its called Driver Easy, you can probably find it on the ddu website too.
With the free version its gonna be a bit of work to install(dont forget to show hidden devices under the view tab in device manager to see all of em),
but i think its really worth it.
I have tried many things, and this seemed pretty promising with the display driver update and several intel chip updates which refrreshed my monitor.

cheers

Apr 6, 2021
All of you running into this problem, i fixed it. (well for me)

I have an RX 570 and i experienced the same problems stated here and here’s how i fixed it:

I rolled back to an old 2020 adrenalin driver, and then i installed it. Then i went into my bios and changed my ram from being OC 3200mhz to 3000mhz. Then i rebooted, loaded a game and it worked.

So for you, consider lowering your RAM speed in bios if you are running an OC speed. For example if you’re on 3200mhz, go to 3000. Go 2 below your current ram speed. Then save the changes and try to run a game too see if the problem still occurs.

If it does, roll back to a 2020 driver, any is fine. Do this after you’ve changed the ram speed (only if the change in the ram speed didn’t do anything)

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS