AMD or Intel. Please vote with honesty.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which do you support?

• AMD All the way!

Votes: 41 33.6%
  • Intel All the way!

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • AMD now, Intel End of the year!

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Intel now, AMD End of the year!

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Maybe mods need to add an age requirement for joining the Forumz to stop fanKids...
There is, but it doesn't seem to work that well ... :(

I know yall try, but unless you go knock on their door before they register all they have to do is lie.

Sad times. :(

Frank_M

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Which do you support now?
I don't really support either.

I buy whichever is better in performance and price/performance around the time I'm about to upgrade.
Last time I upgraded, it was amd. So now I have an amd-machine.
Next time, around august-september, it looks like I'll be getting a conroe.

That's it.
Sensible people do it this way.
However, there's no option for it in your poll.
Not even one for carrots...

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Which do you support now?
I don't really support either.

I buy whichever is better in performance and price/performance around the time I'm about to upgrade.
Last time I upgraded, it was amd. So now I have an amd-machine.
Next time, around august-september, it looks like I'll be getting a conroe.

That's it.
Sensible people do it this way.
However, there's no option for it in your poll.
Not even one for carrots...

BINGO, thats how rational people make decisions. We can debate AMD vs. Intel until the sun burns out and implodes and still not come to an answer and even if we did it wouldn't matter. Conroe is probably better than AMD butyou can't buy Conroe and you can buy AMD, so look at the big pitcture.

DaddyLyuLyu

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
SuperFly03:

Thanks for understanding the need for clear, concise and understandable paragraphs. It's refreshing to see there are people out there who appreciate correct spelling, grammar, punctuation and proper English! More importantly, someone who makes logical sense with calm attitude beats out those who are haste in their judgement, unreasonable in their logic, and outright disgusting in their manner.

In terms of the topic at hand, I truly believe that we all have some minor preferences of one over another. HOWEVER, because we're rational human beings, we also learn to see the disadvantage of being a "fan boy" and we quickly realize we should purchase whatever we see fit. A true "fan boy," in my opinion, is someone who starts out with the same mentality as the rest of us but continue to behave in that way even when evidence and research point to another way. Someone who is unwilling to waiver in the face of scientific and experimental research is, in my mind, a fan boy.

I think that about sums up my opinion.

TTFN

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
Which do you support now, and which would you support at the end of the year. Just trying to determine the bias of this forum and its users.

u really really shouldnt have done this , there r many threads like this :x

-scrubs

itguy

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Dude your poll is a leading poll and just plain worthless. Sorry, but the poll the telemarketers from political parties make you answer are better than that one.

My vote is that your poll is worthless and biased too.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Which do you support now, and which would you support at the end of the year. Just trying to determine the bias of this forum and its users.

You forgot the "both" button. Right now we have one AMD laptop, three Intel laptops, two Intel desktops and three AMD desktops. Next up is a Conroe desktop, then donate the oldest Intel desktop to a local school or something. I almost forgot that we also have a Mac desktop and a Mac laptop. Where are the buttons for those?

Since you're into stereotyping, please inform me of which bias I display.

Rustol3um

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
I know it's long. It was long for a reason. The forum is to help and some people actually take the time to read and at least try to understand. Maybe I could have cut out a few words, but like you said, "who's counting?"

If you have a tough time reading through my "long posts," then please let me know and cut out the uneccessary sarcastic remarks that hampers this forum.

Again, my two cents

TTFN

I know you have the right to post whatever you like, but as previously stated in numerous posts, this site has turned into Intel (fan boy) vs. AMD (fan boy) and I have already weighed in my 47 cents worth. Nothing personal but I saw a long ass post and was tired of reading sh!t I have seen numerous times in the past especially some self indulged diatribe about what constitutes fan boyism. I have read everything everyone else has posted on this subject and it gets real old....So my point is this poll was and is worthless as this subject has been beaten to death with rubber hose over the past 2 to 3 months. So if you want to hate on me then have at it mate, but I stick to what I said before...blah blah blah

ta....

IYM

Jinx13

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Personally I like AMD and ATI and don't see myself using anything else in the near future. I am more than willing to admit that Nvidia has the better video cards out atm, and that if all goes as predicted Conroe will out perform AM2. When someone asks my opinion I'll tell them just that, "I like this, but this is better right now." I don't consider myself a fanboy at all, just a devoted customer, because I am willing to tell you what is better.

Where is that answer on the poll???

martyjs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
8O Can't make a strait forward this or that Vote, I mainly support AMD as I,ve always tried to support the underdog. In owning CPU's I,ve had 4 AMD's (still have 2) and 2 Intel's.
The first CPU I built in a system was a 386 40DX, still runniny the last time it was fired up at father,s place.
Ultimately I buy what I can afford at the time.
Have been happy with all my systems at the time I had them.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Maybe mods need to add an age requirement for joining the Forumz to stop fanKids...
There is, but it doesn't seem to work that well ... :(

Then we must have a test of sorts I suggest sperm counts, that always shows what male has more mature testicles and also proves they dropped.