AMD Radeon HD 7790 Review: Graphics Core Next At $150

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

From AMD
PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
500W (or greater) power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended

600W power supply (or greater) with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended for AMD CrossFire™ technology in dual mode.
NOTE: Minimum recommended system power supply wattage is based on the specific graphics card and the typical power requirements of other system components. Your system may require more or less power. OEM and other pre-assembled PCs may have different power requirements.

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Now that the 650Ti Boost has come out it's pretty much made this card irrelevant. It's also kind of made the 7850 irrelevant. Who would chose a 7790 for 150$ when they can get a 650Ti boost 1gb for 150$ that performs better or the same as a 7850? I know AMD just released this card, but they seriously need to consider dropping it's prices to 130$ so it can compete with the regular 650Ti again. Or at least make some models 130$. If they don't, I feel sorry for anyone who spends money on a 7790 knowing that they could get 7850 performance for the same price in the 650Ti Boost. AMD needs to drop the 7850 to 160$ if they want to compete.

We should like it this way, as we get a whole lot better prices. Personally, I'm not in the market for sub 200$ graphics. I'm normally searching for a flagship part like a 680/670/660Ti, or 7970/7950. I'd buy a 7870 too as they are great performers, they just aren't a flagship part because it's not based on the 7970 or 680 like the 670/660Ti or the 7950. I don't see how it really matters as long as you get great performance. It's almost on par with a 660Ti and for less money, I just rather Nvidia cards for many reasons I won't list. I know they make the LE Myst edition too but I've heard these are really cheaply made.

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I just reread some of the posts in here. And obviously, I was referring to the Saphire version as mentioned in this article. You know, the one that they tested. How hard is that to understand for some people?

Someone who isn't a rabid Nvidia fanboy? Don't get me wrong, it's great that Nvidia have really taken up the fight in the budget and mainstream segments. But they haven't turned everything upside down. The 650 Ti Boost is very nice, but it does cost a lot more than the 7790. However, the regular 650 Ti has been pushed down to a really interesting level now, so if any AMD card has gone obsolete it would be the 7770.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS