Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
@OP! This test should answer your question on the quality http://www.kitguru.net/components/memory/zardon/amd-performance-edition-8gb16gb-memory-review-built-by-patriot/10/
Patriot is nowhere close to my favorite RAM maker, but the AMD RAM seems to have worked out ok when I have seen people get it. I can't remember any of them reporting problems.

Their track record is very short, though. Crucial and Kingston are both excellent makers with very long track records. I prefer those.

Where did you get that info from, an US company that has been on the memory market since 1985 http://patriotmemory.com/company/index.jsp?pg=about longer than G-skill to name a hyped brand! If they had not been more expensive in the past than the others (Asian producers) they would own the market.

Amount of sales matters, the other brands just sell a whole lot more RAM than they do. G.Skill probably sells 10 or 20 sticks for every 1 Patriot sells. I see those more often and thus can have a better idea of how often they are good or bad.

In Raiddinn parlance, that means Patriot has a short track record. Maybe that isn't the best way to describe the situation, but that is just arguing semantics.

Ok that is an argument but first time I bought Gskill (then a relatively new company on the market during DDR days) I did it because their price was lower than Patriot, Kingston, Crucial, OCZ, Mushkin and Corsair.

The oldest thing I remember ordering that was completely random was something called PQi. However, I did spend quite a long time researching it at the time and did find lots of evidence that it would work with my board without problems and it did.

I learned a lot more since then and I don't think I would buy RAM from that company again now.

Nor would I buy from Patriot now. Not that I would only consider Kingston and Crucial, but it would take a lot for me to consider something else.

I once had PQI SD 168pin ram module that went bad (installation issues and random BSOD's) but I learned a lot from trouble shooting! They where big on the market then.

Status
Not open for further replies.