[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 2200g Bottlenecks its own Integrated graphics Vega 8 NEED HELP

Aug 22, 2020
I Recently got the bundle without GPU Ryzen 2200g running at 8gb ram 2400mhz

When I play Monster hunter world Iceborne or any other games my CPU seems to bottleneck my GPU

Vega 8 is supposed to be running at 100% gpu usage 1100mhz but mine is only using 50% at 400mhz at certain parts.
CPU usage is always higher than my GPU usage. I dont know if theres something wrong this but it wont let me play games like what I saw on youtube with the same build as I have.

Help please!

Solution
Windows will never use the full amount of RAM installed in your system. The moment it goes over, your PC crashes, so as it gets close to being full (90%ish), it stops loading things into memory in order to give itself a safety buffer and instead leaves it on your hard drive.

The problem with this is that no matter how fast your hard drive is (even if it is a SSD), if your CPU needs to process something that hasn't yet been loaded into RAM, it needs to remove something from the RAM that it otherwise would like to have in the RAM, write it to the hard drive, and then load the new data that it needs into the RAM where it can use it. It has to continue swapping stuff in and out of the RAM to run your game properly.

This is...
Your RAM is the problem. Ryzen CPUs need fast RAM to run right because they synchronise the clock of their infinity fabric as a multiple of the RAM speed. Most Ryzen builds I have seen utilize 3600 MHz RAM, some use 3200, anything less is going to slow you down.

While you are at it, I'd recommend 16 GB of RAM over 8 GB; 4 GB gets sucked up immediately by Windows 10 and startup apps, and what's left isn't enough to effectively run most modern games.

Windows will never use the full amount of RAM installed in your system. The moment it goes over, your PC crashes, so as it gets close to being full (90%ish), it stops loading things into memory in order to give itself a safety buffer and instead leaves it on your hard drive.

The problem with this is that no matter how fast your hard drive is (even if it is a SSD), if your CPU needs to process something that hasn't yet been loaded into RAM, it needs to remove something from the RAM that it otherwise would like to have in the RAM, write it to the hard drive, and then load the new data that it needs into the RAM where it can use it. It has to continue swapping stuff in and out of the RAM to run your game properly.

This is significantly slower than having all the files stored in the RAM where it needs it. Instead of the CPU/GPU being fed data as they need it, they waste clock cycles sitting idle waiting for stuff to be moved between RAM and the drive. Running with more than the minimum amount of RAM required to run a game will keep this from being another RAM bottleneck on top of your RAM speeds being too slow.

Reactions: zsmigee
Solution