AMD Ships Two Millionth DirectX 11 GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Sweet. I want to get on eventually.

I think Nvidia isnt stressing out over it is because they know they still got time before any games come out the truely show off DX11.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Ok so I was thinking... DX11 is great in all but what about us will powerful DX10 cards??? The new game developers are going to start making more and more DX11 games and making it compatible with DX9... take Dirt 2 for example http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dirt-2-performance-benchmark,2508.html. So I guess all of us with DX 10 cards are kinda screwed out of the shinnies they put into DX10 and have to run on DX9. Maybe I am wrong and it will change when true DX11 games start coming out.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]CoryInJapan[/nom]Sweet. I want to get on eventually.I think Nvidia isnt stressing out over it is because they know they still got time before any games come out the truely show off DX11.[/citation]

Nvidia can SUCK IT. We never saw DX10.1 supported by any games because they knew they couldn't compete with ATI in DX10.1 benchmarks. They had a slight lead in DX10 because its less strict about standards that it needs to adhere to. They then claimed that "DX10.1 doesn't matter." Now, DX11 comes around and its a complete repeat of the same scenario, only so far this time its been less obvious about them completely cock-blocking progress (Another Assassin's Creed incident hasn't happened... yet).

Nvidia doesn't have the hardware, and their marketing is doing its best to slow the progress of software to compensate. AGAIN. AND you've bought into their marketing BS. Grats.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
So far all I have seen from Nvidia in regards to AMD and DX11 is "Who cares?" I wonder if this news might make them care.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Cryogenic[/nom]Only 198 Million to go, and developers will start to take DX 11 and PC Gaming seriously.[/citation]
Exactly!!
How many DX10 gpu's are out there since launch?.. and how many full DX10 games are there?.. not nearly enough.
Now some companies are just skipping from DX10 right to DX11 .. look at Dirt2.. DX9 or DX11 only.
As always.. i will wait till the end of the DX cycle before i purchase.
While others jump on the DX12 bandwagon.. i will enjoy upgrading at half price with a ton of games to catch up on.

G

Holy Cow!

AMD is really cooking up a storm! :D

The more they can crank out, the lower the price we get to pay for quality GPUs.

chris13th

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]i still believe in Nvidia and their PhysX...come one!!!! don't let me down!!!!![/citation]
I stopped believing in Nvidia after my FX5200 took a shit on me. Took my chances with an ATI x700 pro, and I have never looked back.

antemon

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]Ok so I was thinking... DX11 is great in all but what about us will powerful DX10 cards??? The new game developers are going to start making more and more DX11 games and making it compatible with DX9... take Dirt 2 for example http://www.tomshardware.com/review [...] 2508.html. So I guess all of us with DX 10 cards are kinda screwed out of the shinnies they put into DX10 and have to run on DX9. Maybe I am wrong and it will change when true DX11 games start coming out.[/citation]
That's what I've been thinking as well
So I just upgraded for nothing? fark...

christop

Distinguished
By the time Nvidia has their card ready the world will have dx11 cards in their system and will have no need for another one.. Ati is leading this one.. Congrats

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]i still believe in Nvidia and their PhysX...come one!!!! don't let me down!!!!![/citation]

I don't. Good to see ATI on top again.

Swindez95

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Now I know why Nvidia seems to be focusing on CUDA for the Fermi. I had high hopes for Fermi but its just too little too late for me on the graphics side of things so Radeon 5870 here I come!

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished

There's belief as in fanboy and then there's what you can get your hands on, use it, get good framerates for reasonable prices AKA value.

Status
Not open for further replies.