Hi everyone,
As you all know the AMD fTPM bug these are my specs :

MB: Asus Prime B550M-A (Wi-Fi) BIOS Ver: 2803
APU: AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 3200
SSD: XPG sx6000 Pro 256GB M.2
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB
PSU: 650W 80+ Gold

Before the patch was released I had the BIOS version 2423 and after that, I upgraded my BIOS directly to 2803, unfortunately, the 2-3 times a day stuttering turned into all-day long stutter but the difference is that before the patch stutters was a lot harder, now after the patch it's every 2-3 seconds and it's like a slow motion moment(example video link) and this is a LOT annoying and make games unplayable.

Things that I tried to fix:
-I tried to disable TPM under security computing in the BIOS.
-Upgrade the GPU driver and adrenaline app to the recommended and optional versions.
-Tried to clear fTPM in BIOS and ended up with a BSOD.
-Changed the Adrenaline Profile to different profiles.
-Tried with D.O.C.P enabled and disabled.
-Tried the default optimized BIOS option.

sadly, non of the above made any difference :(
another problem is that I can't move such windows fast! for example, the Task manager window (video link)
Any Idea what's causing this? and is it safe to downgrade to the previous version or the 2604 version and just disable fTPM? it may solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Ok, I'll open one.
I'm a bit concerned because I don't think they change anything fTPM-related after the agesa 1.2.0.7 since a lot of users have their stuttering fixed with this patch so ...
About the RAM speed when I bought my setup about a year ago and according to AMD specification(link) this APU supports up to 3200MHz and I have the Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 3200, so you're saying I can replace my RAMs with higher speed RAMS?
and also I tested with the 2604 and 3 different drivers and adrenalin versions but had no effect and tonight I'm gonna roll back everything to the last-good setup including BIOS version BIOS settings, driver version, app version, anything I can remember, and the test if it changes anything.

P.S: I'm...
Hi everyone,
As you all know the AMD fTPM bug these are my specs :

MB: Asus Prime B550M-A (Wi-Fi) BIOS Ver: 2803
APU: AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 3200
SSD: XPG sx6000 Pro 256GB M.2
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB
PSU: 650W 80+ Gold

Before the patch was released I had the BIOS version 2423 and after that, I upgraded my BIOS directly to 2803, unfortunately, the 2-3 times a day stuttering turned into all-day long stutter but the difference is that before the patch stutters was a lot harder, now after the patch it's every 2-3 seconds and it's like a slow motion moment(example video link) and this is a LOT annoying and make games unplayable.

Things that I tried to fix:
-I tried to disable TPM under security computing in the BIOS.
-Upgrade the GPU driver and adrenaline app to the recommended and optional versions.
-Tried to clear fTPM in BIOS and ended up with a BSOD.
-Changed the Adrenaline Profile to different profiles.
-Tried with D.O.C.P enabled and disabled.
-Tried the default optimized BIOS option.

sadly, non of the above made any difference :(
another problem is that I can't move such windows fast! for example, the Task manager window (video link)
Any Idea what's causing this? and is it safe to downgrade to the previous version or the 2604 version and just disable fTPM? it may solve this.

Thanks in advance.
try follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet and close any background apps.
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since it's 12 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if it's enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, re flash to the latest bios (with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, then save and exit. If you cant boot with CSM disabled, then just enable it.

(OPTIONAL) enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled)

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.06.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.06.xx that's installed. Check in power plan and see if amd ryzen balanced power plan is in use instead of windows power plan (if there is no ryzen balanced power plan it's fine).

• Install the latest radeon driver 22.7.1, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Put Ram on slot 2 and 4 (A2 and B2) before enabling xmp. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow (and reboot if required)
  • Do a defrag on the hdd if the games are on HDD. usually i do open cmd as admin, then do defrag (drive/parition letter, (for example D: ) /d /o /u /v.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmanEsf

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Thanks for your quick response.

I'll do what u said and let u know the result but one thing that I don't know for sure yet is for disabling fTPM is it enough to disable the Security Device Support under the Trusted Computing or should I also change the firmware option to discrete option?
and does it have any effect? since u said re-flash bios after that?

My RAMs are installed in A2 and B2 slots.
and since it's an APU I don't have any GPU as of now.

Thanks for your quick response.

I'll do what u said and let u know the result but one thing that I don't know for sure yet is for disabling fTPM is it enough to disable the Security Device Support under the Trusted Computing or should I also change the firmware option to discrete option?
and does it have any effect? since u said re-flash bios after that?

My RAMs are installed in A2 and B2 slots.
and since it's an APU I don't have any GPU as of now.
Yes it is usually enough to disable it. I just do the double check to disable the fTPM and Secure Boot since i used to it, but you dont have to if you doubt that. It's the old problems where updating the bios without disabling secure boot could cause black screen, hence why uninstalling secure boot keys and disabling ftpm is on the list if abt to flash the bios. And yes, reflashing the bios is also my own procedure but like what i said, you don't have to if you doubt it :D

Also, APU counts as GPU. it's amd term or CPU with iGPU (as for now). hence why i said gpu :D

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Ok then I just disable them both which I think I did before this problem and then I re-flash to BIOS to the latest version and so on.

yea I know it counts as a GPU, I said that cuz ur last option was to check the PCI-E power cable to the GPU and I don't have that.

Reactions: Koekieezz

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
I did everything u said except the windows update part cuz I believe it messes everything up but I still have the issue :(
what should I do now? I'm really disappointed and thinking of selling the whole rig.

I did everything u said except the windows update part cuz I believe it messes everything up but I still have the issue :(
what should I do now? I'm really disappointed and thinking of selling the whole rig.
Well if there is an update just update it, if you see windows tryna update chipset and/or gpu drivers, then just uninstall windows one and use the one from the web instead.

if 1.2.0.7 gave you stutters, go back to 1.2.0.3

also is your chipset driver alrd at the latest and using radeon 22.7.1 driver for the gpu?

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
win-update.jpg

It installs a Display driver with this version (30.x.x.x) god knows WTH is that! and it makes Adrenaline software stop working, probably because of a version mismatch :

adrenaline.jpg

And yes. these are the versions for the chipset and GPU drivers :

amd-drivers.jpg

for 1.2.0.3 I have to re-flash BIOS to the 2423 version right?

win-update.jpg

It installs a Display driver with this version (30.x.x.x) god knows WTH is that! and it makes Adrenaline software stop working, probably because of a version mismatch :

adrenaline.jpg

And yes. these are the versions for the chipset and GPU drivers :

amd-drivers.jpg

for 1.2.0.3 I have to re-flash BIOS to the 2423 version right?
Yes, just downgrade normally like flashing bios. Also then DDU the display driver and install the latest radeon driver, again XD also make sure the windows update does not "update" the chipset driver.

windows is just mhm at updates. the 22.7.1 package does have the optimizations for OpenGL on windows (driver 31.x.x.x instead of 30.x.x.x), hence why i recommend it (my friends with 5600g, 5500 + RX 5600 XT, RX 570 and 580 does feel the performance increase in minecraft using shaders and some mod packs, compared to before).

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Ok thanks a lot, I'll do that today since I'm off work and let u know the result.

Should I open a case with AMD about this issue or just wait for the next Agesa and hope it's fixed?

Ok thanks a lot, I'll do that today since I'm off work and let u know the result.

Should I open a case with AMD about this issue or just wait for the next Agesa and hope it's fixed?
probably. the agesa 1.2.0.7 + latest chipset driver are supposedly fixing the stutters caused by fTPM. but keep in mind the 4650G is just 4600H for pc, Prolly it needs faster ram? might not be related but zen 2 core to core latency depends on the ram speed too.

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Ok, I'll open one.
I'm a bit concerned because I don't think they change anything fTPM-related after the agesa 1.2.0.7 since a lot of users have their stuttering fixed with this patch so ...
About the RAM speed when I bought my setup about a year ago and according to AMD specification(link) this APU supports up to 3200MHz and I have the Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 3200, so you're saying I can replace my RAMs with higher speed RAMS?
and also I tested with the 2604 and 3 different drivers and adrenalin versions but had no effect and tonight I'm gonna roll back everything to the last-good setup including BIOS version BIOS settings, driver version, app version, anything I can remember, and the test if it changes anything.

P.S: I'm really disappointed about AMD and APUs, I wish I'd bought the intel 10th gen with 1050 and then think of upgrading those except hitting my head against the wall :(, and at this point it ain't easy to sell this bundle and switch to Intel or I should stick to AMD and upgrade to a newer CPU and buy a GPU, any suggestion on that?

Ok, I'll open one.

P.S: I'm really disappointed about AMD and APUs, I wish I'd bought the intel 10th gen with 1050 and then think of upgrading those except hitting my head against the wall :(, and at this point it ain't easy to sell this bundle and switch to Intel or I should stick to AMD and upgrade to a newer CPU and buy a GPU, any suggestion on that?
Do you have CPU Core Virtualization enabled in BIOS? It might be called different...my Asus BIOS calls it SVM. If it is, try disabling it. I've had stuttering off and on with it enabled.

Ok, I'll open one.

Supports Up To means the officially supported ones. If it is limited to 3200mhz then how am i able to run my friends pc 5600G to 4133 CL18 + tight subtimings stable XD, as long as the motherboard supports ram OC (which ironically every amd am4 mobo does support it) you could go with faster ram.

the bios i would choose as per my experience is either 1.2.0.3 or 1.2.0.7 for now since 1.2.0.4 ~1.2.0.6 got some bugs from what i've read. pair it with the latest chipset driver and amd radeon driver of your choice and test it.

Solution

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Sorry for my late response.
oh ok then, about the timing stuff I don't have any OC knowledge and just go with the D.O.C.P profile, any specific speed or product u can suggest to me for this APU?

and about that, I had issues with 1.2.0.7 so I re-flashed my BIOS to the 2423 version and it has the AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C based on the ASUS website and no matter the driver versions I don't have any more problems(at least the new slow motion likes) maybe 2-3 a day stutters are back but I highly prefer that.
For all those users that may have this issue with this specific hardware to at least the APU like mine I suggest going with the Agesa1.2.03 for now and give my AMD community post(link) a thumbs up(if u want ofc) to make them consider fixing this in the next Agesa update ASAP.

My current settings and drivers are :
BIOS 2423 with fTPM disabled, secure boot disabled, CSM disabled.
GPU driver : 30.0.15021.11005
Adrenalin app: 22.5.1
AMD chipset software(latest): 4.06.10.651

another strange issue I encountered was the chkdsk seemed to find a lot of issues of my M.2 NVMe and could fix them. but I don't have any idea why it was like that and since I didn't find any app from XPG for this model should I run the TRIM function on this disk periodically? or its because something else?

Hope it helps u out and big thanks to @Koekieezz for the best and fast responses.

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Do you have CPU Core Virtualization enabled in BIOS? It might be called different...my Asus BIOS calls it SVM. If it is, try disabling it. I've had stuttering off and on with it enabled.
Thanks for your response.

No, I didn't have SVM(AMD-V) enabled at the time as a matter fact I enabled it in the last settings and I don't have stutters until now!

Status
Not open for further replies.