AMD Tells Girls How to Attract a Geeky Boyfriend

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmseng

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
P.S. The inside of those shorts in the pic must say "Achievement Unlocked!"... if not that's some wasted potential IMO.

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
That is a nice article... of clothing. Very tight looking, white is always a nice color, and the achievement unlocked just topped it off.

mmseng

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
[citation]Most geeks don't wear pants. The wear jeans or shorts.[/citation]

P.P.S. Jeans aren't considered pants? When did this happen?

OH my how shallow now wonder why they don't like us all that much. Companionship is on the top of my list even if she doesn't like my hobbies so long they are respected and not great as many have "throw that out" when it comes to hardware and old stuff. As for tasks around the house I am fine doing them my self so long I am not busy with other things. She must however share the same religious beliefs and agree on common points of interest outside tech stuff. So in the end I am not looking for looks but the middle of road but might settle for less. Won't take fat though as that doesn't work.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]thats right, i wear cargo shorts because they have plenty of pockets for all my gadget needs. smartphone, wallet (with certification cards such as CCNA), keyring with 2 flashdrives (1 with truecript to decrypt the 2nd), headphones, smartphone charger if i will be out for awhile, and the possible digital camera.[/citation]

You have a smartphone and a digital camera? *facepalm*

f-14

Distinguished
JANE jane jane jane JANE how many women asked you for advice on this subject here on tom's?
what the guys on here are trying to figure out is if you've got a sister/cousin/friend(s) like you?

also that picture is difficult to keep my mind out of the gutter, so nice choice!

the only condition on women i date is they have to accept they are only the 2nd place when it comes to my love of fighter aircraft, for me flying one is better then sex and the euphoria lasts much longer also. i'm weird, so....
this is pre-emeptive, i don't want to hear any stick and rudder about 'not holding it right'!

the only ugly geek/nerdy girls i know that have problems with finding guys are the ones who don't do cos/role play and have an attitude. one or the other and they still manage to do just fine with guys, the ones that have an attitude and don't cos/role play are unbearable even to the wussiest momma's boys out there.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]descendency[/nom]You have a smartphone and a digital camera? *facepalm*[/citation]
yes, because my smartphone can capture 14.1 MP pictures and 720 HD as well as full horizontal or vertical panoramic pictures. i am just happy i don't have to carry around a cellphone and a MP3 anymore.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]Women having a hard time picking up nerds? What the hell?!? Is today some kind of weird Opposite Day or something? I think the biggest problem is the ratio of nerd-boys to nerd-girls. Then there's the ratio of hot-nerd-girls to the holy-cow-kill-it-with-fire-nerd-girls. The whole article is unbelievable. Generic advice for an invented problem.[/citation]

I find it kinda sad that in today's society, geeks are considered "inferior" or their cliché has a sort of negative connotation to it... as opposed to those unproductive party fools who waste their lives macking or chicks or just being hungover...

sad really. Yup, I'm a geek and proud to be one... we want equal consideration as any other street smart wannabe.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Sheesh... buncha soild advices you gals and guys give on here.

It's simple people: be yourself!! She is going to either like or hate you. It's that simple.

I am currently dating a gal who is very anti-technology and I find that attractive because it gives me a challenge. We also share other common interests and that makes it all worthwhile.

You know what they say... opposite attracts.

Darkk

G

Has anyone else realized that the only ones responding to this article are geeky guys? I am a nerd, proud of it and prefer the term nerd. The unfortunate part about this is that women do not want nerds or geeks as you call them. Otherwise, good article and hopefully will get some women to think differently.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Darkk[/nom]Sheesh... buncha soild advices you gals and guys give on here.It's simple people: be yourself!! She is going to either like or hate you. It's that simple.I am currently dating a gal who is very anti-technology and I find that attractive because it gives me a challenge. We also share other common interests and that makes it all worthwhile.You know what they say... opposite attracts.Darkk[/citation]

the real question is... why do you care enough to label yourself?

burtzum

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
I'm looking for a hot girl who is an uber awesome 3D modeler and can teach me to be an uber awesome 3D modeler too. Must also have zbrush/mudbox experience. Now accepting applications. Please be orderly and civil ladies, no need to push and shove, I will take my time reviewing all applications thoroughly. Thank you.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]aquila[/nom]How about like a certain witty technophile/gamer girl who does journalism for a living for an online tech media company? And she's totally cute too! Jokes aside (or am I?), I certainly wouldn't mind my lady occasionally sharing my geeky side, but most importantly, mutual understanding and respect for each person's values.And hey, having diverse interests (including non-geeky stuff) is good for you anyway...[/citation]

Oh, you're making me blush!

[citation][nom]reallyitsme[/nom]Geeky chicks (like Jane) are like unicorns - extremely rare to the point of unbelief.[/citation]

We are a special breed of faboo, alright.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]I thought it was other way around where geeks are having hard time even TRYING to talk to females...[/citation]
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]I was unaware that there are throngs of girls out there who are desperately looking for geek-love (especially girls that are far enough away from "geeks" that they need lessons on how to be more "geek-like"). Either times are changing, or I'm really missing something.[/citation]
LOL no joke. Some days I'd think I'd be better off if I acted like an angry (but well dressed) caveman 24/7, rather than a nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.