AMD Tells Girls How to Attract a Geeky Boyfriend

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
[nom]AgentOrange[/nom]the fact that this article is supposed to be for women is kinda funny considering the pic in the header is probably attracting a lot more guys than girls[/citation]

Well, I'd think noone would read the article if the pic of of some geek dude that looks like Simpsons' Comic Book guy...

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Contrary to popular belief Geeks would be more appealing to a woman in our age.
-Geeks are usualy the top of the chart guys with the insane paychecks,ultimate knowledge,non-alcoholic,non-smoking,non-aggresive ,badly clothed mostly unatractive males,they could in all honesty support more then 1 partner.

-While the others are usualy the low payed,medium to low tier,mostly dumb,smoking,drinking,wife-beating,good clothed,good looking males, they struggle mostly to sustain themselves.

One could think why in our material world someone would like a geek.

This description is to be taken as a raw draft any other variation exists.

"Sure, falling in love with a girl gamer would be nice, but the only thing worse than a girl who hates gaming is a girl who says stuff like, "Oh yeah, I love to play Call of Warfare all day long. I started playing after I got sick of that John Raynor guy and his Red Alerts.""

The above statement is completely true. My wife only plays games like tetris, brickbreaker and other puzzle games. It really didn't bother me that she wasn't into games. If I found out she was it would have been just a bonus. Granted, that "bonus" might have helped us become closer but she is still my best friend.

You want REAL advise to attract geek?
1. Show your truely interested in him and his hobbies. You don't have to like his hobbies as well, but at least show interest and ask questions as if you find it fascinating (even if you don't).
2. Give him attention as if the other guys don't matter. (but don't ignore his friends completely)
3. Try to get close to him physically and find reasons to touch him.
4. Seduce him, he's a man, it's not hard. If you can't figure out what to do pull a Basic Instinct move when you have a skirt with no panties on.
5. Wear a circlet (Not everyday just a few times here and there) (This piece of jewelry will play into his fantasy loving mind)

Being a geek myself I have to say though that I found myself VERY attracted to a woman that had a Legend of Zelda wallpaper as her computer background. It turned out she likes all kinds of games RPG's and she was definitely a geek, she was an audio engineer. I think her liking games was just the icing on the cake but what I really liked about her was how beautiful she was. Unfortunately, I found out that she had a boyfriend she was very serious with. (She said she was thinking she'd get a ring soon). Sadly that company closed (It was funded by Petter's Group) we all lost our jobs and I never saw her again. :(

milledakilla

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
The Article was way to long for its proposal so allow me to edit the advice section for you =)

Show up; say yes.

That is all, problem solved. Girls tend to overcomplicate this whole guy thing anyway. We are very very east to please in the end.

shiboe

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
As a guy very much into tech and games, I'm actually very happy that my GF is NOT into gaming and tech. If we both were out to play games, we'd never do anything else together, and having tried "gaming with the gf" it's not exactly quality time. A much better experience is to get out and go hiking, or to the beach, somewhere you can get the physical activity you both need, and enjoy each others company without loss of focus to a screen. It also makes you that much more valuable when you can help/fix all the techno troubles of today's daily life. ;D

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
This article and the comments added are just hilarious. I think it's more about the guy going out somewhere for that "girl" to meet them and see what he is about. There is always that added "attraction" factor that every girl has for a guy. I believe the thing that REALLY gets girls going when you're a geek and a girl is wanting you is when you are more into the Tech than you would be into her. ALL girls LOVE attention. When they don't get what they want they find it odd and then that's when they make the move. I've been a techie/geek for the past 22 years, and I'm 24. There was a time when I was 3 and I took apart my parents VCR without putting it back together, next year I started playing games and using my dad's computer. I haven't looked back since. But I believe what sets us apart from other guys, is that we are mostly very intelligent and insightful. Girls recognize that and are sometimes turned off by it because they don't understand it. Being above normal on my intelligence, after my 1st serious girlfriend I started to experiment with girls. My findings were quite startling, but most girls did not give a crap that I was such a geek. They were very much interested in my looks and personality though.

Years later and I still can score some very attractive women, all the while not giving a crap what they think as far as my geekness (for the fling girls that is). And the girlfriends don't care one bit because they care about YOU, not what you do. It's all how you take it and never put yourself down. Always believe in what you do and what you do is extremely fun (tech, games, roleplaying, whatever). Looking on the outside in you would probably never guess just by looking at me that I'm so into tech it's like a second girlfriend. Talking to me it's obvious of course, telling how excited a techie gets when you talk about a new gadget.

I'm one of those mix-bags though. You could call a specific geek group "jock geek" and that's what I would consider myself. Not because of the personality of being a d-bag, but because me and my friends like to party hard whether it's at a house party/bar/LAN party, we just like to have a good time. And that's ALL it is about, having a GOOD time. Remember that ladies, it's all about having a GOOD time, you don't have to like all the stuff we do but just having fun with us and we'll consider ya ;).

Sorry for the long and drawn out post.

theoldgrumpybear

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
I would not know, i am neither geek nor nerd (J/K)... I met my wife on EQ... We lived on different continents in RL but were together all time in EQ. So after a couple of years of that we changed to live in the same place in RL and EQ.
I do know I did not select her nor did she select me because of EQ, but of what we learned about each other during the years of playing EQ together before meeting in RL.

G

I would prefer that my girl didn't play video games. That way I don't have to pass the game stick.

G

What! As a girl who has mostly dated geeks, I can say a thing or two...
-To seduce a geek, you only need to have a friendly start. You start a conversation, he follows. If there's chemistry, things will flow. Oh, smile a lot.
- I always listen to what they have to say about their nerdy stuff, I find it quite amusing. I try to keep up with what my man likes. That's how I know Tom's, he showed to me. He also tries to know more about the things I like. That way, we can always talk about the things we find interesting.
- Why do I like dating geeks? I am a women of science and I am also good looking, but geeks care more about the first thing. The only one that will last for my lifetime.
Cheers!

G

Waiting for the article aimed at boy geeks on how to hang on to me ...

beachbod

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Judging by the uproar from TH readers over the closing of the adult section of craigslist it doesnt surprise me that a girl cant get a geek boyfriend.

brando56894

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
1. reasonably good looking, i know people say looks arent everything, look for the personality but if shes butt ugly but has a great personality its not gonna work because i need to look at you when im talking to you

2. general interest in technology. slight or major, it doesnt matter.

3. general knowledge about a computer. people who are within my generation should know a fair amount about computers since we use them everyday but youd be surprised at how computer illiterate our peers are.

Id love to turn a "normal girl" into a "geek" (on the inside!)

[citation][nom]pctech333[/nom]....I am a geek but no one would know that based on how I look....It would be a dream come true for me if a girl told me she built her own gaming PC and she told me the specs. I would propose to her on the spot lol.[/citation]

AMEN BROTHER!!

I keep my geekyness on the inside, meaning i dont dress like a geek (well according to this article I do blu jeans/short and tshirts 24/7) but im a fountain of geek knowledge when it comes to technology, especially computer and Android powered smart phones. A few hours ago I actually spread the geek love around by telling our waiter at chili's how to root his droid!

Im a geek and always will be one! Just sitting out in my room here:
WRT160N flashed wit dd-wrt
Rooted Moto Droid running at 1.2 GHz and running Sapphire v1.1.1 rom
Hacked original xbox with an 80gb hdd
JTAG'd Xbox360 soon to have its 60gb hdd replaced with a 720gb HDD
My pc with about 1.5TB of storage that dual boots windows 7 and Chakra Linux (based off of arch linux)

All im saying is someone find me a girl like Olivia Munn and ill be in heaven.

MrMooky

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
My girl plays WoW and FPS games with me. As an added bonus, she's from Cuba and hot as hell. Needless to say, she's my wife now.

G

women don't like geeks. that's a buncha bull. somebody obviously didn't have anything interesting to write an article about.

G

The article is correct if the women in this case are aged 25+ and are actually looking to settle down into a real relationship. Unfortunately the demographics of this site are mostly 16-25 year old males so naturally it would be confusing. Women under 25 want to be with guys that know how to have fun. Women over 25 want to be with guys who have money, and geeky guys tend to have good jobs and money by the time they're 25.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]hokkdawg[/nom]My woman plays WoW and LotRO with me. I put a ring on that as soon as I possibly could.[/citation]

She's not playing a real game, she's playing world of facebook :p

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
We geeks are no different. Sure, falling in love with a girl gamer would be nice, but the only thing worse than a girl who hates gaming is a girl who says stuff like, "Oh yeah, I love to play Call of Warfare all day long. I started playing after I got sick of that John Raynor guy and his Red Alerts."

Then again, that's just my opinion as a woman.

So Jane your you would think its nice to fall in love with a girl gamer ?, This takes your hawtness to new levels.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
[citation][nom]Girl Wonder[/nom]Waiting for the article aimed at boy geeks on how to hang on to me ...[/citation]

Well i am sure you can give me some pointers and with some stamina who knows it might work out!

Status
Not open for further replies.