Question amd virtual super resolution

ImAjE_

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016
so i have a monitor with native 2560 x 1440 resolution and an rx 570. the thing is this resolution can't be set in games as it simply isn't there, the maximum resolution seen is 1920x1080. the only way to get it to be shown is to set amd vritual super resolution ON from the ''radeon settings'' soft does anyone know why is this occuring? why do i need VSR if i have a native QHD monitor?

ImAjE_

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016
2560x1440 my desktop resolution right now. i was tyring to play dota 2 . now i check the ''GPU scalling'' setting to ON . game now detects the QHD resolution . but only with one of these 2 settings ON . VSR OR GPU SCALLING. with QHD the game graphics look better than the FHD res, so it seems like the resolution is working, but i just wonder why does i need to have one of these 2 enabled? so with VSR on the only thing that should change is, for example i play at FHD res , but the graphics is similar or improved to qhd no?

ImAjE_

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016
What monitor do you have?

i have a lenovo l24q-10 . i have managed to play at my desktop resolution with those 2 settings i have mention off, by selecting ''use my current resoltion'' option in game. the thing is that if i use that setting , i can't use other custom settings in game. if i use the ''use the advanced setting'' and try to manualy select the resolution, the highest is FHD , and the problem is that the game camera works laggy . i don't seem to get any fps problems tho but the camera movement is really choppy and this makes the game unplayable