[SOLVED] AMD X570 with 2000 chips

With all the improvements made with the new chipset Would a 2000 series chip exhibit better performance on an X570 board compared to a similar grade X470 board due to better memory management etc?

Solution
You’d think it’d cock stuff up. Board I’m getting repacked didn’t let me tinker with the timings though
Frequency of RAM and compatibility are directly connected, better compatibility usually means that higher speeds are possible. Speeds up to IMC speeds should be practically assured but at the end it's BIOS that has to decide what's compatible and what not. Bios versions and AGESA code keep on changing all the time so it's difficult to say. Motherboard itself has very little to do with compatibility, all it has to do is to be electrically and signal compatible and on that level all lets say DDR4 has to be compatible with all MBs that support DDR4.
So all that is left is to hope that MSI comes up with BIOS that supports any...
And PCIE 4. I’ve just ordered one cos i found my board had a dead memory slot and why not get one for basically free
No PCIe with 2nd gen Ryzen even on x570 boards. Some reported some improvement with PCIe 4 NVMe drives though but not full speed.
RAM can work faster but that's only due to 3000 Ryzen if installed but even 4000MHz is possible on x470 MBs. On my Asus MB settings go to 4333MHz.

No PCIe with 2nd gen Ryzen even on x570 boards. Some reported some improvement with PCIe 4 NVMe drives though but not full speed.
RAM can work faster but that's only due to 3000 Ryzen if installed but even 4000MHz is possible on x470 MBs. On my Asus MB settings go to 4333MHz.
You’d think it’d have better stability though at least with better VRMS and being designed to clock memory higher.

Settings went to 4600 on my B350 mortar but it isn’t capable of doing it

You’d think it’d have better stability though at least with better VRMS and being designed to clock memory higher.

Settings went to 4600 on my B350 mortar but it isn’t capable of doing it
IMC is in the processor, with it's "natural" frequency 2933 MHz pushing frequency higher than 4000MHz would be really stretching it on 2nd gen Ryzen, no matter which 400 series MB.
I'd rather have 3rd gen on x470 than 2nd on 500.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
I get that and I’m not saying you should use 4000Mhz with a 2nd gen chip. I’m talking about RAM compatibility etc
Even 400 MBs have pretty good compatibility at around 3200MHz, I don't thinkk compatibility is an issue. Even Samsung is talking about stopping production of b-die because the rest are quite good now. What would be nice is if they could make DOCP follow XMP exactly or all memory manufacturers started making AMP profiles.

Even 400 MBs have pretty good compatibility at around 3200MHz, I don't thinkk compatibility is an issue. Even Samsung is talking about stopping production of b-die because the rest are quite good now. What would be nice is if they could make DOCP follow XMP exactly or all memory manufacturers started making AMP profiles.
Would be nice, my AMD boards just call it XMP though which is weird

Would be nice, my AMD boards just call it XMP though which is weird
XMP is Intel's brand so that's probably why. In my case for instance, DOCP sets RAM far from what both XMP profiles show. How far is it off you'd ask, will I'll tell you
XMP -1 says 3000 Cl 17,17.17 etc. and DOCP sets 16.15.15.15 etc. when frequency is set to 3000
XMP-2 says 18,18.18.18 etc but when frequency is set to 3600MHz DOCP sets 16.17.17.17. and strangely it works fine.

XMP is Intel's brand so that's probably why. In my case for instance, DOCP sets RAM far from what both XMP profiles show. How far is it off you'd ask, will I'll tell you
XMP -1 says 3000 Cl 17,17.17 etc. and DOCP sets 16.15.15.15 etc. when frequency is set to 3000
XMP-2 says 18,18.18.18 etc but when frequency is set to 3600MHz DOCP sets 16.17.17.17. and strangely it works fine.
You’d think it’d cock stuff up. Board I’m getting repacked didn’t let me tinker with the timings though

Frequency of RAM and compatibility are directly connected, better compatibility usually means that higher speeds are possible. Speeds up to IMC speeds should be practically assured but at the end it's BIOS that has to decide what's compatible and what not. Bios versions and AGESA code keep on changing all the time so it's difficult to say. Motherboard itself has very little to do with compatibility, all it has to do is to be electrically and signal compatible and on that level all lets say DDR4 has to be compatible with all MBs that support DDR4.
So all that is left is to hope that MSI comes up with BIOS that supports any intended memory. Under support I mean to be able to recognize either SPD or XMP and set memory according to those.

Solution