News AMD Zen 4 CPU Emerges With 5.2 GHz Boost, RDNA 2 iGPU

So all this article said was that the previous claim of an 8c/16t Ryzen is accurate?

I mean, I'm an AMD fanboy pretty much, but saying "Ryzen 7000 packs serious firepower" in the title is disingenuous journalism if your article has no performance content. "It's a shame that the anonymous user didn't test the Zen 4's processing prowess. " That sentence confirms the lack of actual content to support the title claim in the article.

Clarification: I know, all journalism is bait-and-switch or overblown jargon, but I'd prefer it had content like this was 2008.

Neilbob

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
So all this article said was that the previous claim of an 8c/16t Ryzen is accurate?

I mean, I'm an AMD fanboy pretty much, but saying "Ryzen 7000 packs serious firepower" in the title is disingenuous journalism if your article has no performance content. "It's a shame that the anonymous user didn't test the Zen 4's processing prowess. " That sentence confirms the lack of actual content to support the title claim in the article.

Clarification: I know, all journalism is bait-and-switch or overblown jargon, but I'd prefer it had content like this was 2008.

That's the way* of the world now, unfortunately.

And if (for example) Alder Lake happens to be 2% faster overall at 100% more power consumption, then we'll get something along the lines 'Core i9 Demolishes Zen 4 in new test!'

Last edited:
Reactions: VforV and LolaGT

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
That's the of the world now, unfortunately.

And if (for example) Alder Lake happens to be 2% faster overall at 100% more power consumption, then we'll get something along the lines 'Core i9 Demolishes Zen 4 in new test!'
Exactly, spot on!

Though if the leaks are true I expect the opposite, a 5% better Zen4 over Raptor Lake.

The question is: will the titles exaggerate in favor of AMD too, saying it "demolishes" intel?

I mean we can all like a company more than another (and fanboi all we want), but can we not be rational and have common sense too? +5% or less does not mean "demolishes" or "destroys" or whatever silly exaggeration is used these days. A simple "wins" or "beats" will suffice without exaggerating...

Tech journalism professionalism and integrity on most sites and YT channels has gotten to a pathetic low level these days. :cautious:

Reactions: Neilbob

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012

I hadn't seen 5.2GHz reported previously. Thats a healthy bump over the 5800x's 4.7GHz

daredevil01

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
I hadn't seen 5.2GHz reported previously. Thats a healthy bump over the 5800x's 4.7GHz
The frequency boost alone isn't as impressive as the IPC improvement. I hope AMD doesn't lose its efficiency advantage in favour of being 9% better than Intel instead of 3%.

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012
The frequency boost alone isn't as impressive as the IPC improvement. I hope AMD doesn't lose its efficiency advantage in favour of being 9% better than Intel instead of 3%.
I haven't seen numbers re IPC improvements. Have they changed much in the core architecture? I was kinda thinking zen4 would be a die shrink, speed bump with big platform upgrade.