Another Developer Slams Google Over Android Piracy

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I've done a jailbreak on an iOS iPod touch, it was as simple as plugging it in, clicking GO! on the jailbreak program, then holding in the power in the iPod touch when prompted to until it told me to let go.
By far it was one of the easiest things I ever did.
I flashed a clean, bloatware free rom to my EVO 4g and formatted 2 gigs for cache on my SD card.
It was A LOT more work than the jailbreak (definitely worth it though, just getting the bloatware apps off of their made it run better than a new phone).
I have a Viewsonic Gtab, and the stock rom is a joke, so I've put countless roms onto it till I found one I like and offers full functionality.
Again, MUCH HARDER than a jailbreak.
iTunes allows for downloading apps that haven't been paid for and shooting them straight over to the jailbroke device because it is the device, not the software that says what apps you can and cannot run.
99 cents an app has never killed me, and I've bought plenty of them (up to $5 per app) on both my Android and iPod Touch, grant it, the Touch is boxed because I can't stand iTunes, but that's not the point.
The point is that it is much easier to pirate on iOS than Android.
The advantage iOS has over Android is Apple is a status symbol so you have a lot more clueless idiots walking around with iOS over Android which users generally chose because it offers more advanced customization options so you can have Android your way (with a steeper learning curve) or iOS Apple's way (the iDiot way, lol, jk).

Status
Not open for further replies.