System Specs:
i7 9700k ( turbo mode of 4.7GHz ish)

RTX 2070 Super

Corsair H100i Pro AIO cooler

Asus Rog Strix Z390-F Gaming Motherboard

16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz RAM

M2 1TB drive.

850 Watt Fully-modular PSU (Corsair).

(Also, Windows 10 Home x64 if you're wondering)

My games keep crashing to desktop without error. I've been in the event viewer and have noticed every crash has happened at the same minute the corresponding anti-cheat for that game "unloads". I also want to put emphasis that it isn't just Battleye, it is Easy-Anti-Cheat too. I thought I fixed it by adding exclusions to the anti-cheat and game folders, but this only lasted a day it seems. Here is an example of the event viewer log (level = information) for what is reoccurring:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager
Date: 01/02/2020 21:46:13
Event ID: 1
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-P3GPCOF
Description:
File System Filter 'BEDaisy' (Version 10.0, ‎2019‎-‎11‎-‎15T07:57:13.000000000Z) unloaded successfully.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager" Guid="{f3c5e28e-63f6-49c7-a204-e48a1bc4b09d}" />
<EventID>1</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-01T21:46:13.147024200Z" />
<EventRecordID>2338</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="11016" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-P3GPCOF</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="FinalStatus">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="DeviceVersionMajor">10</Data>
<Data Name="DeviceVersionMinor">0</Data>
<Data Name="DeviceNameLength">7</Data>
<Data Name="DeviceName">BEDaisy</Data>
<Data Name="DeviceTime">2019-11-15T07:57:13.000000000Z</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Additionally, at least for the game that gave this log, I received this event warning:

Source: Display
Date: 01/02/2020 21:46:10
Event ID: 4101
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Description:
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Display" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-01T21:46:10.386609300Z" />
<EventRecordID>2337</EventRecordID>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>nvlddmkm</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Link to my previous thread: (https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-desktop-without-error.3569228/#post-21551219 )

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
M2 is fine where it is.

Try installing Nvidia drivers again testing the oldest version available for your card.

This post talks about it possibly being faulty ram

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
gpu driver lost connection to GPU
try to reinstall chipset and gpu drivers
Tried this and it didn't work. This "nvlddmkm stopped responding" error is quite anomalous to the issue anyway, but I thought I'd add it just in case. I just crashed again, with the only relevant piece of data being the same "bedaisy unloaded successfully" log. I even uninstalled malwarebytes (my antivirus) from appwiz.cpl and restarted my computer before testing again. I'm perplexed as what to do next. I feel I've tried everything...

What I've tried:
(https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-desktop-without-error.3569228/#post-21551219 )

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try

Card in the second slot

Disable user account control

Disable fullscreen optimisations in the game's exe compatibility tab

When reinstalling Windows, did you try your games with the bare essential drivers, ie Chipset, audio, Geforce etc, no peripheral drivers, utilities or monitoring software?

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
Try

Card in the second slot

Disable user account control

Disable fullscreen optimisations in the game's exe compatibility tab

When reinstalling Windows, did you try your games with the bare essential drivers, ie Chipset, audio, Geforce etc, no peripheral drivers, utilities or monitoring software?
Hi. When reinstalling Windows for the 3rd time, I did only install the essentials, including the above listed drivers from my mobo website (as well as LAN). I also didn't install any peripheral drivers, as I thought that razer synapse was meddling with my computer. Are you suggesting to install my GPU into the second pcie because of the "nvlddmkm stopped responding" error? I can give this a try, but this error seems to be an outlier, and I'm not sure if this is the issue. I will also try disabling UAC and fullscreen optimisations tomorrow. By the way, would I have to disable fullscreen optimisations in every single game that uses an anticheat? I'm not complaining because I'm grateful for the response, but that seems like a frustrating workaround rather than a fix. I will still try it though. :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
More than likely fullscreen optimisation wont help but it's something i do for all my games anyway. Just something to try i guess.

Yeah try the gpu in the second slot. The motherboard could be the reason you're having so much trouble and maybe, (i stress maybe), anti cheat software is picking up on it that something has changed and throws it's own error.

UAC shouldn't be an issue either but it asks for permissions every time a program runs. Could be interfering somehow, unlikely but might.

Regarding Win10 build kerberos asked about, you are on the latest build aren't you?

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
More than likely fullscreen optimisation wont help but it's something i do for all my games anyway. Just something to try i guess.

Yeah try the gpu in the second slot. The motherboard could be the reason you're having so much trouble and maybe, (i stress maybe), anti cheat software is picking up on it that something has changed and throws it's own error.

UAC shouldn't be an issue either but it asks for permissions every time a program runs. Could be interfering somehow, unlikely but might.

Regarding Win10 build kerberos asked about, you are on the latest build aren't you?
Ah, right okay. And I didn't notice that question sorry. My Windows build number is 18363.628, version is 1909.

Reactions: boju

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm. Another thing to try is disable automatic manufacturer device driver updates. The setting is in system > advanced system settings > hardware > device installation settings. So you have more control of whats being installed on your system and the drivers you install is it instead of being potentially updated by Windows. If this setting hasn't been disabled, might want to try reinstall Windows again and turn this setting off soon afterwards.

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
Hmm. Another thing to try is disable automatic manufacturer device driver updates. The setting is in system > advanced system settings > hardware > device installation settings. So you have more control of whats being installed on your system and the drivers you install is it instead of being potentially updated by Windows. If this setting hasn't been disabled, might want to try reinstall Windows again and turn this setting off soon afterwards.
Hmm. If you think it could solve the issue, I may give it a try. I'm just reluctant in doing so because my internet speed isn't the best, so installing everything and getting to a point where I can start testing if the issue persists would possibly be knocked back a day, and I've done this three times now.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Couldn't guarantee, no. Perhaps try turn the setting off and reinstall your motherboard drivers again.

See how you go changing pcie slot when you get a chance.

Or visiting a repair shop could be on the cards? They'll probably have the resource to test other stuff as well.

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
Couldn't guarantee, no. Perhaps try turn the setting off and reinstall your motherboard drivers again.

See how you go changing pcie slot when you get a chance.

Or visiting a repair shop could be on the cards? They'll probably have the resource to test other stuff as well.
Will try this tomorrow. It has crossed my mind to get a repair shop involved, but I'm pretty sure if anything it's the mobo and it can take upwards of 40 mins to over an hour to replicate the issue I'm having. Still a plausible option though.

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
Changing the PCIE slot gave me a new error that caused a crash for one of my games (CSGO). CSGO uses Valve Anti-Cheat, which is created and owned by valve. I think this game doesn't crash because the anti-cheat folder is local to the steam game, rather than third party.

The log:

Source: nvlddmkm
Date: 02/02/2020 15:21:54
Event ID: 13
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Description:
The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video4
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404490=0x80000001

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="nvlddmkm" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49322">13</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-02T15:21:54.717831900Z" />
<EventRecordID>2623</EventRecordID>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\Video4</Data>
<Data>Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404490=0x80000001</Data>
<Binary>0000000002003000000000000D00AAC0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

boju

Titan
Ambassador
M2 is fine where it is.

Try installing Nvidia drivers again testing the oldest version available for your card.

Solution

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
M2 is fine where it is.

I've done a RAM test previously and there were no errors. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the current latest nvidia driver multiple times to no avail. I will give the downgrade a go, but I'm still testing without fast boot. Have had pleasant results so far, but just checking it isn't luck.

The anti cheat files may be getting corrupted , you may not be aware that a lot of games have spare copies of the anti cheat program in a games folders.

look in the folders of the game that is crashing and if you find one labled anti cheat uninstall the version you are running now via add/remove and then use something like ccleaner to get rid of left overs.

Now go back to where you found the spare anti cheat program and run it.