Anti-Virus Protection

What is "BEST" Free Anti-Virus Protection??
Is this necessary, in addition to Firewall,
Spyware and Pop-Up Blockers???

Yes, AVG Antivirus is free, you try that.

http://www.grisoft.com

Andre
"Bob Bennett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is "BEST" Free Anti-Virus Protection??
> Is this necessary, in addition to Firewall,
> Spyware and Pop-Up Blockers???

"Bob Bennett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is "BEST" Free Anti-Virus Protection??
> Is this necessary, in addition to Firewall,
> Spyware and Pop-Up Blockers???

The best antivirus, that's a matter of opinion.
Mine Norton
http://www.symantec.com/product/
it's a free trial anyways.

Yes, you'll need all those others as well as!
and a Trojan/adware hunter,
http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

best firewall Zone Alarm
it monitors outgoing as well as incoming!
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
(turn off the M$ one)

also see
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/security/protect/alert.mspx

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Try Avast! Antivirus.

It's totally free! However, you do have to register for
a software key. They just need a valid e-mail to send it
to you.

Give it a try...I think you'll like it!

thanks John i definently will. especially considering i been going in circles
for the past hour trying to get support with rouge firewall that will not
accept the given password that came withnthe download, the thing never even
asked for a password for the first hour or so after download , until a resart
was required. then it ask for a password then denies it and cut of access to
and from the internet ,even by it's web page to anfd from. the product is eZ
Firewall via Computer Associates , hard to believe it is recommended by
Windows

"John" wrote:

> Try Avast! Antivirus.

> It's totally free! However, you do have to register for
> a software key. They just need a valid e-mail to send it
> to you.
>
> Give it a try...I think you'll like it!

Best Firewall is also a matter of opinion. I have tried most and
settled on Agnitum Outpost

John Allen
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:40:31 +0100, "Sr. Bocadillo"
<someone@microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Bob Bennett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> What is "BEST" Free Anti-Virus Protection??
>> Is this necessary, in addition to Firewall,
>> Spyware and Pop-Up Blockers???
>
>The best antivirus, that's a matter of opinion.
>Mine Norton
>http://www.symantec.com/product/
>it's a free trial anyways.
>
>Yes, you'll need all those others as well as!
>and a Trojan/adware hunter,
>http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html
>
>best firewall Zone Alarm
>it monitors outgoing as well as incoming!
>http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
>(turn off the M$ one)
>
>also see
>http://www.microsoft.com/uk/security/protect/alert.mspx

Norton, I have not been impressed at all with their software.I have
uninstalled their AV ,free trialware, because there live update did not
update in time to prevent adware. I can't figure out how I downloaded last
night and it did not have up to date virus definations. my personal favourite
Av is the ViRobot. I think it is Macfee product , it comes with the Shield
2004Professional, by installing a new HDD, I cant seem to find the download
files for these programs, i"ll have to use my original email to access them
again. i only used the Norton trialware ware till i dug the papers up once
again. right now i have i think anyways, EZ antivirus and EZ firewall from
Computer Associates, a windows recommendation from XP's seurity page , it's
free for a year