[SOLVED] Any driver needed for core i7 8700 coffe lake?

May 17, 2019
Hello guys
I am wondering to know do i need any drivers for my i7 8700 processor? Such as intel uhd graphic drivers or...??

Solution
generally on a desktop the dedicated graphics card disables the integrated cpu graphics since its not needed . on a laptop some have both enabled so when you want the battery to last longer it can use the slower cpu integrated graphics rather than the faster more power hungry dedicated card 🙂
May 29, 2019
Yes, all CPU's need some form of drivers*. However, Windows Update (in windows 10) should take care of this issue. If you are having a problem with drivers, I would recommend going into "Device Manager" and searching the system for needed drivers.

*Usually a generic driver will work; you shouldn't need to go searching for a specific one online unless Windows can't find it.

May 17, 2019
Yes, all CPU's need some form of drivers*. However, Windows Update (in windows 10) should take care of this issue. If you are having a problem with drivers, I would recommend going into "Device Manager" and searching the system for needed drivers.

*Usually a generic driver will work; you shouldn't need to go searching for a specific one online unless Windows can't find it.
I dont have any drivers for my cpu except intel extreme tuning utility but i installed all my mobo drivers and also gpu drivers(gtx 1080) and i already installed all drivers from windows update center but in device manager>displays i cant find intel uhd generic driver it shows only my gtx 1080 is it normal? And should i go to intel download center and get the latest drivers for my cpu?

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017

*Usually r will work; you shouldn't need to go searching for a specific one online unless Windows can't find it.

would not recommend using a generic driver as i just said in another post drivers are basically translators for the hardware to talk to each other using incorrect or not the proper ones can / mite make thinks much harder make system slower etc

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
generally on a desktop the dedicated graphics card disables the integrated cpu graphics since its not needed . on a laptop some have both enabled so when you want the battery to last longer it can use the slower cpu integrated graphics rather than the faster more power hungry dedicated card 🙂

Solution
May 17, 2019
if your using a dedicated graphics card theres no need unless your planing to use the integrated graphics chip ?
Thanks for the answer thats exactly why i asked this question, because my laptop has both of them but on my pc there is only dedicated driver so i dont need cpu graphic drivers any more.
Thank you so much for you help🙏