Question Any info about how to start developing a simple ticket management / inventory system?

Jan 26, 2022
Hello,
I want to try my hand at developing a repair ticket management and inventory system. This would be for a demo project for one of my courses. I have used products like RepairQ and RepairDesk, and this project will have similar functionality to those platforms. I have noticed that different products always lack certain features that I think would be useful, so I want to give it a shot at building one that kind satisfies those requirements.

I have coded a couple of simple apps and whatnot, but I've never really taken on something as complicated as this with code, nor do I feel super comfortable doing so. I was wondering if something like this repair ticket platform could be made using something like Quixey (something cheaper, if possible), Zoho, or another one of those app development platforms. I realized these types of platforms have their limitations but they are the preferred solution. The way I would want it is to have it based on a web portal.

That's basically the overview of my idea.

Any advice, thoughts, criticisms, recommendations, or resources will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.