Any Reviews for ASUS A7V266-E yet?

taiwoong

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2001
is there any reviews for ASUS mobo?
i'm waiting to get a stable, yet fast AMD, system.
my first pick was EPOX mobo, but as more complaints are showing up, i'm leaning toward to look for something else..

what should i get~??

G

I too am waiting for availability & reviews of the ASUS A7V266-E board. Have purchased all other components for a new system. Local parts houses in San Diego have not yet even heard of it. Could be a long wait. I'll keep watching this thread. SDTuna

G

Go here and follow the link for a babelfish translated review. http://www.amdmb.com/news-display.php?NewsID=3214

This board has been available in the UK for several days now, so must be somewhere in the US?

I'm waiting for the Abit KR7-RAID to come out before I make a choice. It looks nice with 6 PCI and 4 DIMMS.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Bonecradle on 11/01/01 10:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

icyura10

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2001
Sure, there are boards that hve more DIMM slots, but which operatins system can use more than 512 Mb of memory correctly. From what I've been able to test, Windows 95/98/ME/2000 seem to see it but don't seem to be able to use it.. so haveing the capability to have say 2-4 Gigs of real memory seems a moot point.

<font color=red>When you smoke your CPU, what kind of papers do you use? :eek: