Any such motherboard?

Hi,

Does anyone know of any motherboards that will take 3 sticks of non-DDR
SDRAM (i.e., PC100/133) and both the older Athlon/Duron CPUs and the newer
Athlon XPs, and has USB2.0 (vs. USB1.0) ports? Being able to also take DDR
would be a "nice-to-have" also.

Thanks,
Jim

"Ohaya" <Ohaya@NO_SPAM.cox.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of any motherboards that will take 3 sticks of non-DDR
> SDRAM (i.e., PC100/133) and both the older Athlon/Duron CPUs and the newer
> Athlon XPs, and has USB2.0 (vs. USB1.0) ports? Being able to also take
DDR
> would be a "nice-to-have" also.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

MSI makes a board that comes as close as you are going to get, the KM2M
Combo-L. But, it will only support (I believe) up to an Athlon XP 2400+.
That's not a bad processor, but hardly state of the art. Also, you'd have
to settle for 2 sticks of SDRAM memory, but you'd have room to replace them
with 2 sticks of DDR later. -Dave

"Dave C." <spammersdie@ahorribledeath.now> wrote in message

> "Ohaya" <Ohaya@NO_SPAM.cox.net> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know of any motherboards that will take 3 sticks of non-DDR
> > SDRAM (i.e., PC100/133) and both the older Athlon/Duron CPUs and the
newer
> > Athlon XPs, and has USB2.0 (vs. USB1.0) ports? Being able to also take
> DDR
> > would be a "nice-to-have" also.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
>
> MSI makes a board that comes as close as you are going to get, the KM2M
> Combo-L. But, it will only support (I believe) up to an Athlon XP 2400+.
> That's not a bad processor, but hardly state of the art. Also, you'd have
> to settle for 2 sticks of SDRAM memory, but you'd have room to replace
them
> with 2 sticks of DDR later. -Dave

Dave,

Thanks. My problem is I have 3 sticks of 256MB the PC133 memory :), and
want to re-use them if I can, and especially get USB2.0 on-board. Soyo has
a board (don't remember the model) that has 3 slots for SDRAM, but I think
that onboard USB is only USB1.0.

Any others?

Thanks,
Jim

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 05:42:55 -0400, "Ohaya" <Ohaya@NO_SPAM.cox.net>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone know of any motherboards that will take 3 sticks of non-DDR
>SDRAM (i.e., PC100/133) and both the older Athlon/Duron CPUs and the newer
>Athlon XPs, and has USB2.0 (vs. USB1.0) ports? Being able to also take DDR
>would be a "nice-to-have" also.
>
>Thanks,
>Jim

Take a look at the Asrock and ECS MATX boards. I was considering one
earilier this year that could use the RAM I had.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:26:50 -0400, Ohaya wrote:

> My problem is I have 3 sticks of 256MB the PC133 memory :), and
> want to re-use them if I can, and especially get USB2.0 on-board. Soyo has
> a board (don't remember the model) that has 3 slots for SDRAM, but I think
> that onboard USB is only USB1.0.

So buy a USB 2.0 PCI card. You can buy one for $2. OTOH, if you don't have
a board now, you'd be much better off selling your sdram and getting a
newer board with ddr and usb 2.0, and a FSB that will do 200Mhz.

No.

--
DaveW