[SOLVED] Any surefire method to tell if MOBO is fried?

Deodedros

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2015
So some context as to why I'm asking. Earlier today I got back from college and found out my computer didn't turn on. I wasn't sure why but thought it was the RAM, which it was because I put it in my brothers mobo and an led lit up indicating that there was something wrong. His motherboard is a Gigabyte x530 pro wifi in case you wanted to know, mine is a Asrock b250m pro. Anyways I got new RAM and it still wouldn't turn on, so I figured it was the PSU. It wasn't because I shorted the wires (following this guide http://support.antec.com/support/so...19-is-my-power-supply-dead-the-paperclip-test ) and the fan started running and stayed like that until I turned it off. Then I decided to short the mobo pins to see if there was something wrong with the power switch. That was also the issue so I took the front panel off, plugged in the front panel connector and pressed on the switch and the computer booted. Turned it off and plugged everything back in and then the computer wouldn't turn on. I decided to short the pins again because I was confused. NOTHING, computer wouldn't POST and no beeps from the speaker.

I'm pretty sure the mobo is fried but are there any tests that I can do similar to that of the PSU?

And yes, I made sure to turn off the PSU(with the switch) - before I started unplugging cables.

Solution
The only "Sure-Fire" way to determine if the motherboard is fried is to replace it with an identical motherboard/same BIOS version. If it boots up, the original board is fried. If not, then you have other issues.

-Wolf sends