[SOLVED] Any tips for playing Operation Flashpoint Red River ?

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
Hello guys, recently i am playing tactical fps games a lot like arma series, squad series, etc, i have never played Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising but my friend gifted me game cd of Operation Flashpoint Red River. I installed it then started playing it, but 1st mission of campaign seems too hard for me, i cleared 2 villages but 3rd village is very hard, can anyone give me good tips and tricks and strategies tor this game, also this troop command seems confusing to me so i also want help regarding this.

Solution
Yeah both Blacklist and MGSV are great games, hope you're enjoying both as much as I did.

I wasn't implying you are dumb about playing such games, it had just been a long time since I played it so I needed to find a video to refresh my memory.

I don't recall any problems using the AI commands or strike commands, but I wouldn't be surprised if the squad AI are as dumb as the enemy AI, and also require healing. The latter was indicated in the video, but so was effective use of squad and strike commands. Maybe it's just a matter of keeping your squad moving after clearing a path, it seemed to be what he was doing. Some AI get dumber the longer they linger where you ordered them to go.
I vaguely recall playing that game years ago. I had to check some YouTube vids on it to refresh my memory of the part of the 1st mission you're referring to. If you got through the 2nd battle area, you should be able to manage the 3rd. The 3rd just requires advancing and flanking, but it actually involves less distance shots. Just make sure when you advance you don't run past building corners without taking care to look around them first, and when you see enemies flanking, take out the lead flanker first. The enemy AI are not all that smart or quick to spot you though. The only time you risk getting killed or injured badly is if you rush into a spot the enemy is already watching and waiting for you, or the enemy becomes aware of your position and rushes you. Adequate caution while advancing is the key.

This video demonstrates that even when making such mistakes, you can get through it. Just stay frosty and keep your head on a swivel.

The 3rd mission starts at the 23:08 mark.

Last edited:

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
Oh i remember you, before 3 months nearly, i asked a question on topic - should i buy metal gear solid 5 tpp or splinter cell blacklist, and i bought both, you told me pros and cons of both games, well, i like your way of explaination, also currently in of red river, i am on last mission 10, ( i am not that dumb as i also play arma 2 and 3 and i think of red river is very easy compared to them) but squad command seems hard here, my squad never heal themselves, also they just stand at a place without taking MUCH cover and get shot at (i also send them to buildings for cover but they stand aside windows, they are dumb) i usually played as sniper as i am comfortable picking off enemies from far away. Well, after completing mission 10, i will go for fireteam engagement (i will play solo as my friends play game for graphics but i play for fun, they say that graphics of this game looks bad, but i play game just for fun, not for graphics. seems like bohemia interactive makes great tactical shooter. Can you give me more tips for better squad controlling and better weapon choices, etc.

Yeah both Blacklist and MGSV are great games, hope you're enjoying both as much as I did.

I wasn't implying you are dumb about playing such games, it had just been a long time since I played it so I needed to find a video to refresh my memory.

I don't recall any problems using the AI commands or strike commands, but I wouldn't be surprised if the squad AI are as dumb as the enemy AI, and also require healing. The latter was indicated in the video, but so was effective use of squad and strike commands. Maybe it's just a matter of keeping your squad moving after clearing a path, it seemed to be what he was doing. Some AI get dumber the longer they linger where you ordered them to go.

Solution