[SOLVED] Anybody owns AOC 24V2Q ? Need help

nag shankar

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2013
Planning to buy AOC 24V2Q monitor for casual gaming and office work and watching movies. There are no much reviews i can find online on this monitor.
Can anyone tell me if it's any good? I'm paring it with 1660 Super,. does Gsync work on this monitor?

nag shankar

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2013

nag shankar

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2013
You can uise it with nVidia. But you cannot enable the Freesync function - which is there to stop screen tearing.
To enable Gsync on Freesync monitor we need to turn Freesync on and then check "Enable Gsync compatible" in nvidia control panel and turn off Vsync in the game menu. Right?
This are the instructions to be followed to enable Gsync which are used to avoid screen tearing and get other Gsync features.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it's not that it will use gsync but rather nvidia gpu's now support freesync through display port.

i have a AOC c24g1 and run freesync with my 1650 super. but it does have to be connected by display port for it to work. it auto enabled the feature as well though you may have to turn it on manually.

Reactions: nag shankar

nag shankar

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2013
it's not that it will use gsync but rather nvidia gpu's now support freesync through display port.

i have a AOC c24g1 and run freesync with my 1650 super. but it does have to be connected by display port for it to work. it auto enabled the feature as well though you may have to turn it on manually.
Can I go ahead and buy AOC 24V2Q? It has display port and Freesync, I'm planning to buy 1660 Super, so will it work flawlessly or am i going to face issues related to screen tearing and screen flickering and screen going blank...issues like that?!