Question Anyone know were to buy Regular ATX colored coded modular cables?

reaper89971

Prominent
Jun 2, 2023
Hello I am trying to find Regular Colored ATX Modular Cables? Just the regular Color Coded cables. I can't find them online anywhere.

They have every other color you would want but i really need the regular cables cause im going to use the power supply to power a pico atx power supply mostly.

It has an odd plug on it xt60 plug. I was going to solder the xt60 plug to my atx cables but that will be more difficult if the cables are all one color.

The input amperage on the Pico is 50 amps so i got to use an atx power supply, Power bricks won't go up that high properly.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can order custom cables from the likes of Cablemod. But without PSU details I can make no other specific recommendations.

You could also pin your own connectors with new wires of whatever colors you want if you buy the tools.

Plenty non modular units with ketchup and mustard out there as well.

Though I would probably just use some colored electrical tape to identify the wires if I were hooking it up to something.

Reactions: stonecarver

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
I looked up Pico ATX power supply and found this picoPSU-160-XT:

picoPSU-160-XT-big3.jpg

Then I looked up XT60 connector and found this:

iu

If the current rating of the XT60 connector is 60A, you'd have to combine a number of +12V wires from an ATX PSU to meet the demands of a device at the other end of the XT60 lead.

Finally I looked up a non-modular colour coded ATX extension cable on Amazon:

61HejRT0JML._SL1500_.jpg

Are any of thse items similar to what you are trying to use. Please provide images and more detail.

"Modular" cables provided with full size ATX PSUs are proprietary. Although the ends that plug into the motherboard and graphics card adhere to a standard, the ends that plug into modular ATX power supplies are proprietary and bad things happen if you use a lead from a power supply with a different pinout.

reaper89971

Prominent
Jun 2, 2023
Thanks for your reply
I looked up Pico ATX power supply and found this picoPSU-160-XT:

picoPSU-160-XT-big3.jpg

Then I looked up XT60 connector and found this:

iu

If the current rating of the XT60 connector is 60A, you'd have to combine a number of +12V wires from an ATX PSU to meet the demands of a device at the other end of the XT60 lead.

Finally I looked up a non-modular colour coded ATX extension cable on Amazon:

61HejRT0JML._SL1500_.jpg

Are any of thse items similar to what you are trying to use. Please provide images and more detail.

"Modular" cables provided with full size ATX PSUs are proprietary. Although the ends that plug into the motherboard and graphics card adhere to a standard, the ends that plug into modular ATX power supplies are proprietary and bad things happen if you use a lead from a power supply with a different pinout.
Thanks for your reply
You are correct about the xt60 connector.

I have not decided on a power supply yet but the one i was looking at was the corsair SF600, It has a 50amp 12v rail.

The maximum amperage input on the pico power supply is 50amps or 12v 50amps

I don't trust that unbranded 600watt pico power supply but it along with one other power supply are my only options. I will post again about the other option for power.