[SOLVED] Anyone using Ryzen 3000 series CPUs on B450 boards ?

Jul 14, 2019
I'm planning to buy a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU for a new build. Since I cannot afford X570 boards due to high price I'm planning to buy a B450 board and update its bios to use a new generation Ryzen 3000 CPU on it .has anyone done it here ? How's the performance ? did you face any bugs or issues ?

Solution
Personally I'd wait a month or two anyways.
So far Every BIOS from every manufacturer that supports the 3000 series CPU's (for B450/X470 and X570 MB's) seems to be Buggy.
Hopefully they will have most of the bugs worked out sooner rather than later.

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
I haven't seen any posts regarding compatibility issues my self.
I too have a B450 board with a Ryzen 2700X so would just use that if I upgraded to a 3000 series.
These B450 s are listed as compatible on AMD's site.
Just make sure you update your BIOS before installing the CPU if possible as they are not compatible without a recent BIOS update.

If you can't do this then ask the company you are purchasing it from to update it.
Alternatively you can get a special basic loan CPU from AMD just to update the BIOS.

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
I'm not sure of exact regions and limitations.
You need to apply for it if you need one.
Depends if your mobo has been updated already/has a BIOS flash button so it can update without a CPU/can be updated by the company you purchase from or some people just pay a computer shop a small charge to update their BIOS.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Personally I'd wait a month or two anyways.
So far Every BIOS from every manufacturer that supports the 3000 series CPU's (for B450/X470 and X570 MB's) seems to be Buggy.
Hopefully they will have most of the bugs worked out sooner rather than later.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Solution