[SOLVED] Anyway to have both a M.2 PCIe SSD and a Wireless LAN PCI-E Card working at same time?

Oct 2, 2019
Hello, I recently bought and installed an Intel M.2 PCIe SSD. After installing and switching the BIOS setting for the PCI Express X4 slot to M.2 mode (which I had seen in a tutorial), I found that my Asus PCI-E Wireless LAN Card was no longer recognized. The motherboard I'm using is an Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard. I did a little troubleshooting and found that switching the BIOS setting is what caused the problem since when I switched it back, then my wireless began to work again. However, now my M.2 SSD was no longer recognized. Is there an easy solution to have both operating? I am a relative novice and don't know much about the different slots on my motherboard. Thank you.

Oct 2, 2019
is a x1 card. the motherboard have motherboard have 2 pcie x1 slot. try them
Okay thank you. I looked up the schematics in the motherboard manual and I think I see what you mean. I will try to move the Wireless card from PCIe 2.0 x1_2 slot to the PCIe 2.0 x1_1 slot.
I have to go to sleep now but I will post here with the results when I give it a try.

Oct 2, 2019
It took me a while to try it out but when I moved the Wireless card from PCIe 2.0 x1_2 slot to the PCIe 2.0 x1_1 slot and then changed the BIOS setting for the PCI Express X1 slot to M.2 mode, my wireless capabilities went away again (and my SSD appeared under "My Computer").
I reloaded and changed the BIOS setting back and the wireless now works but the SSD is no longer showing up. Is there another slot that I could put the Wireless card in and have it work while still being able to use the M.2 SSD card?

Is there a way to upload screen shots here? It only offered links to pictures so I uploaded my screenshots to imgur.
The first one shows that I have my Wireless card in PCIe 2.0x1_1 slot, my Graphics Card is in the PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_1 slot and my SSD is in the M.2 slot.

Do I need to assign an IRQ to the card (as stated in section 1.5.2)? If so, how would I do this?

View: https://imgur.com/a/yqpn70B

Oct 2, 2019
try put it in the last x16 slot.
Okay, I put it in the last PCIe x16 slot but now my computer isn't detecting my wireless card. Wireless isn't even an option showing up in Network & Internet Settings.

Any idea why that wouldn't have worked or how to troubleshoot?

I wish my ethernet cable would just work but that's a whole other problem that I can't seem to solve....