[SOLVED] AOC C24G1 is this level of backlight bleeding normal?

Oct 13, 2019
View: https://imgur.com/a/EOpxfQY

So I spent 150 bucks bought a VA 144hz display from AOC: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GD7H18F/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_IrMXDbRART1AC .
Apparently this monitor has some annoying backlight bleed on top and bottom 4 spots each. The second picture was taken from a straight angle, the first taken from an upper angle(monitor swiveled down a little), both in a somewhat dim lit room with curtains drawn. I wonder if this amount of backlight bleed is normal and considered acceptable?

Last edited:
Solution
Pictures of BLB tend to exaggerate the issue vs. seen in person. The bleeding can vary greatly on average based on model and manufacturer standards. Amazon would likely accept the return without much fuss if needed. Regarding warranty though, it's dead or bright pixels that are covered. I dont think BLB is considered a defect from manufacturers. How does it look to you? Others with same model seeing excess BLB?
Pictures of BLB tend to exaggerate the issue vs. seen in person. The bleeding can vary greatly on average based on model and manufacturer standards. Amazon would likely accept the return without much fuss if needed. Regarding warranty though, it's dead or bright pixels that are covered. I dont think BLB is considered a defect from manufacturers. How does it look to you? Others with same model seeing excess BLB?

Solution
Oct 13, 2019

The second picture is exactly what it looks like in real life when it's all black and in a dim room, and other people seem to have the same complaints I.e. 8 backlight bleed spots 4 on top 4 at the bottom. But Idk if it's really worth the fuss since it's a less than $200 144hz VA monitor, is it substandard or considered normal?

In all honesty, it's likely normal for this monitor, especially at that pricepoint. Outside of very dark gaming scenes, it shouldn't really be to distracting after you get used to it. If you were doing more professional work, I could see the greater concern. Being curved adds to the BLB.