Question Aorus B450 Pro Wifi Bluetooth device continually connecting and disconnecting in Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2019
I have a new build with an Aorus b450 Pro Wifi running Windows 10.

The Device Manager is continually recognizing and then not recognizing my Intel Bluetooth device. It endlessly connects, makes the new connected device system sound, and then disconnects with the disconnect sound. If left running (not disabled), it just runs in a recognize--not-recognize loop.

I have installed 3 versions of the driver (I couldn't find anymore) as follows:

mb_driver_intel_bt_am4_20.100.0.5g
mb_driver_intel_bt_am4_20.100.0.4
mb_driver_intel_bt_am4_20.100.0.3

One was obtained from the driver CD, one from the Aorus b450 drivers page, and one from Windows.

Note: This build is three days old and it was not having this issue for the first two days. I have only installed a handful of software packages (Steam, CCleaner, Kaspersky, the Aorus app package, Firefox and Chrome, Adobe, etc.) since the first boot.

I have also Reset the computer once, today. I did it by way of the Windows 10 reset function.

Thanks in advance for your time and your assistance,

Matt

Reactions: bassplayer85
Apr 17, 2019
Hi @mdarjany

I'm having exactly the same problem you're having! Did you figured it out?

Thanks!
Well--not exactly. I am no longer having the problem (consistently) but I don't know what changed. Here is what I have been doing when it starts beeping and booping:

1. Device Manager> Intel Bluetooth (or whatever) [I expand this so it shows the Bluetooth services]
  2. I disable the generic Bluetooth device. It is obvious which one it is because it is disappearing and reappearing. I have to wait for it and catch it before it disappears again.
  3. I plug in a corded mouse
  4. I shut down and restart and use my corded mouse for a while until work dies down
  5. Bluetooth devices> I disconnect and forget (or delete or remove or whatever it says) the device that started this whole process. In this case it is the Bluetooth mouse I was using before.
  6. I enable the Bluetooth entry that I disabled earlier in #3 and wait to see if it starts freaking out again now that the mouse is turned off and forgotten.
  7. If it isn't, I disable the Bluetooth device again, shut down and restart again, and use the corded mouse for a day or so.
  8. If it is better--it isn't making that connect-disconnect noise any more--I pair the mouse again and see what happens.

This isn't very technical but it has worked three times. When it starts working again it seems like it's for no reason. I don't know what's going on but it's getting better intermittently because of something. If I figure it out I will run back here and post it.

Peace

Aug 3, 2018
Well--not exactly. I am no longer having the problem (consistently) but I don't know what changed. Here is what I have been doing when it starts beeping and booping:

1. Device Manager> Intel Bluetooth (or whatever) [I expand this so it shows the Bluetooth services]
  2. I disable the generic Bluetooth device. It is obvious which one it is because it is disappearing and reappearing. I have to wait for it and catch it before it disappears again.
  3. I plug in a corded mouse
  4. I shut down and restart and use my corded mouse for a while until work dies down
  5. Bluetooth devices> I disconnect and forget (or delete or remove or whatever it says) the device that started this whole process. In this case it is the Bluetooth mouse I was using before.
  6. I enable the Bluetooth entry that I disabled earlier in #3 and wait to see if it starts freaking out again now that the mouse is turned off and forgotten.
  7. If it isn't, I disable the Bluetooth device again, shut down and restart again, and use the corded mouse for a day or so.
  8. If it is better--it isn't making that connect-disconnect noise any more--I pair the mouse again and see what happens.
This isn't very technical but it has worked three times. When it starts working again it seems like it's for no reason. I don't know what's going on but it's getting better intermittently because of something. If I figure it out I will run back here and post it.

Peace

Great, thanks for your advice!

It seems this is not working for me. I've been thinking about buying a bluetooth adapter and forget about this. Apparently this is a good choice if you're interested Avantree DG40S USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

Thanks!

ishaankaushik

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 7, 2017
I have a new build with an Aorus b450 Pro Wifi running Windows 10.

The Device Manager is continually recognizing and then not recognizing my Intel Bluetooth device. It endlessly connects, makes the new connected device system sound, and then disconnects with the disconnect sound. If left running (not disabled), it just runs in a recognize--not-recognize loop.

I have installed 3 versions of the driver (I couldn't find anymore) as follows:

mb_driver_intel_bt_am4_20.100.0.5g
mb_driver_intel_bt_am4_20.100.0.4
mb_driver_intel_bt_am4_20.100.0.3

One was obtained from the driver CD, one from the Aorus b450 drivers page, and one from Windows.

Note: This build is three days old and it was not having this issue for the first two days. I have only installed a handful of software packages (Steam, CCleaner, Kaspersky, the Aorus app package, Firefox and Chrome, Adobe, etc.) since the first boot.

I have also Reset the computer once, today. I did it by way of the Windows 10 reset function.

Thanks in advance for your time and your assistance,

Matt
It is Gigabyte's BIOS issue. It may get fixed in another BIOS update.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018
A couple of things:

1. I bought the dongle. It solved my problems. Nice work.
  2. Where did you find out that it was a BIOS issue? Could you point me to your wisdoms?
Thanks for working with me on this. Have a good one.

@mdarjany I updated my BIOS to version F32 (I had F2) and it didn't worked. But I've just realize that yesterday they released a new version F40, so I'll have to test if it work on that one. Here's the link: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#support-dl-bios

Good to know that the dongle option worked for you!

Jul 9, 2019
@mdarjany I updated my BIOS to version F32 (I had F2) and it didn't worked. But I've just realize that yesterday they released a new version F40, so I'll have to test if it work on that one. Here's the link: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#support-dl-bios

Good to know that the dongle option worked for you!

Hi, does updating to bios version F40 solved the Bluetooth issue? I'm encountering the exact same problem today and can't seems to solve it, the problem just started randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.